Dr. John Pier MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9
  • 11 reviews

February 17th, 2016
I have PTSD and agoraphobia. He was very well-mannered and supportive as I was having a panic attack and cried through most of our visit. He helped me feel safe, welcomed and treated me with a deep amount of respect. He took the time to make sure I understand my injury and answered all my questions with professional respect.

February 8th, 2016
He has been treating me for many years and I make sure I have him even if I have to wait for my appointment! He is highly recommended!

July 30th, 2015
Do not waist your time with this man; as another has said in one of the reviews here, Dr. Pier is only working for workman's comp. He does not care about your pain and will turn pretty nasty when you stand up for yourself.

April 25th, 2014
Great doctot
Started my relations with doctor Pier fourteen years ago and I have had a great experience with him he is understanding caring willing to take what ever time I needed always looking for ways to help me besides just writing scripts for pain I thought I was leaving state now I am not due to medical reasons and before I left his office he told me if I had problems just get in contact with him the reason I am writing this is because I want others to know what a great and caring man and doctor he is.

February 5th, 2014
worst doctor
I had an appointment, so he could help me recommend a rehabilitation program, He said the surgeons recommendation for physical therapy was dumb. Where I live it would be a waste of time to drive 40 minutes to get treatment. He Claimed I didn't like him. He disagrees with all the treatments the other doctor"s recommends. He accused me of just wanting pain pills; and that I'm not doing my treatment like I should. Just because I'm on worker comp he doesn't care about my issues.

November 4th, 2013
update to previous review
Dr. Pier apologized for mixup between GP and he providing medication. He acknowledged his error and I greatly appreciate it. Not many doctors would do this; he has shown a great deal of integrity. I really appreciate this character in a doctor - it is very difficult to find. Thank you Dr. Pier

October 3rd, 2013
Office visit for ESI
Dr. Pier was very honest with me as to why he felt my pain levels at this appointment were not constant enough to warrant an ESI and should not be done unless and until the pain is more constant. I felt relieved that if the ESI would not be of any value without a more constant pain level that Dr. Pier did not just go ahead with it. I felt confident with his evaluation.

September 23rd, 2013
After several appts, MRI etc., Dr Pier recommended we try a back brace. While the back brace was ordered, he would not help with pain management unless I was progressing with surgery. He did not tell me this at the apt where we discussed the back brace. I had thought this was a progression, try the back brace, see if it works - make a decision from there. Believe me, the last thing I want to do is be on pain medication but I have a major herniation and have had several spinal fusions prior. I want to see if the back brace works before I go jumping into another spinal fusion. It just goes to show you cannot find a decent Dr. in Maine. If you want expertise, bedside manner (i.e. a real doctor) do not go see Dr. Pier.

October 17th, 2012
john pier he is no good and is for the insurance company!
john pier he is no good and is for the insurance company! he called me a lair after 4 other doctor said a need surgery i would not even waste my time with him!

October 12th, 2011
Did not help me at all. Was not sympathetic to my condition. And did not treat my signs. Had a bias, prejudice point of view.

November 12th, 2008
patient
Had MRI and then was to see physician for a reading. Kept in an exam room for one hour. Light explanation for keeping me waiting, asked about how the injection went and I said I wasn't to have one, then said it was time for an MRI, told him I had just had it ...... the man obviously hadn't read my chart. Went I told him the MRI was waiting for him to read, he said he'd better go have a peek! Came back with robot bunch of statements, and I asked him for a referral for PT. This is a practice obviously living on the tails of the next door neurosurgery practice; pain management persons, they advertise. It is obviously a business in business to make money; even have a note at their from desk asking their patients not to take their ball point pens after completing their forms. I would not recommend this place for anyone seeking medical help.