A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Pigott:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Pigott, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Congenital Heart Defects
Education & Awards
Dr. Pigott graduated from University of Tennessee, Memphis.
Dr. Pigott has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Tulane University Hospital & Clinic
- Louisiana Heart Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Pigott accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 5 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Louisiana Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans