Dr. John Pilch MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

October 19th, 2016
Reverend
Listened carefully and took his time answering all questions we had. Showed compassion and concern but was directive, when needed. Treated with respect. Would recommend him to anyone who needed an neurologist.

July 22nd, 2016
I saw Dr. Pilch about 3 yrs, he was rude, yawned alot acted bored told me I would just have to live with my problems, that I always had something wrong with me. That's why I was there to get help for my illness! got my feelings hurt!

April 12th, 2016
Very disappointed ,will not see again. Can't recommend to anyone

February 19th, 2016
Best neurologist I've ever seen

February 10th, 2016
my wife has been in the er room 6 times in 13 days do to seizures,tremors drs. have tried reaching him and no call backs she has had between 60-80 body riseing off the bed convulsions

October 1st, 2015
Seriously
I live in Spartanburg county and due to a shortage of Nuerologist and long wait times to be seen in Spartanburg I called offices in Greer/Greenville area. I was told by receptionist a week ago that they had openings at the end of Oct. All I needed to do was get my Family dr. to fax the referral. Today my family doctors office called to tell me that Dr. Pilch would not see me because I didn't live in Greenville. I thought this was absurd so I called Dr. Pilch's office and was told the same thing! I don't know why it matters where I live if I'm the one doing the driving! This may be his policy, which makes no sense, but his office staff should pass this information on and not waste peoples time!!

July 7th, 2015
we are watching you closely
I must say Baby cakes in your message is right. I had an appointment last year in there and she confronted me with "Im his wife" I responded back to her soooo! She's rude and unkind. Dr Pilch isn't this way. I went in last week and dr Pilch has changed himself . I love him and has been his patient for years . He looks worried and broke down and I can guess why. It's his wife that's running all of his patients off. Something needs to be done about it. My friend has a daughter that was recently dismissed from the practice she called up there to get an explaination and of course her sweet soft spoken voice answers the phone and she hung up on her after she begin to ask questions concerning the dismissal letter they received. The word is out DR PILCH SEND HER BACK HOME PLEASE!!!!!!! We love YOU.

June 17th, 2015
Wife is boss
Dr. Pilch is the best doctor I've ever had! Have been in his care for over 10 years. Have never had a bad experience until now. His wife has stepped in and is the boss. She is turning away patients. He is so kind and caring and takes his time to listen to his patients and this seems to be upsetting to her. She is actually sending out letters dismissing many of his patients. When it comes to your health this just isn't right. Something has to be done!!

March 16th, 2015
As a practicing electrophysiologist cardiologist I was very pleased with the excellent care I received.

July 30th, 2013
I nave never seen a doctor with a more warm, caring attitude
Dr Pilcher is a very knowledge and extremely kind. I am so thankful that my Dr. referred me to him. I was just IMPRESSED with him. He is the epitome of what a Dr. should be.

June 17th, 2013
kinda wierd but I liked him
My mom needed to go n pilch was recommended by her dr. I went so she wood go. While I was in with pilch he was quiet but I felt he was thinking n listening. He asked pertinent questions. I could tell he was really thinking n listening to me. I told him my mother had dementia n did not like him but her beloved family dr recommended him n thats bout the thing that got her in the office. When he went in to see my mom he truly did make an effort to b more personable. He listened to her n recommended a low dose dementia med that had not been tried. (No one had prescribed a dementia med) I have found him to be thorough and contemplative. I liked him a lot and would recommend him to a person who could approsch the visit with sn open mind n dont b too quick to judge him adversely.

February 27th, 2013
House
Dr. Pilch reminds me a lot of House. Sometimes he does seem to be in his own world a bit...sometimes he does seem a little pushy..but man, he knows his stuff. I went to him when I first learned of having MS. Since my first visit...I have learned a lot about this disease and he thoroughly answers every question I have. When selecting treatments, he always lays the options out on the table, gives his opinions and knowledge of each and gives me time to choose. Dr. Pilch made one of the absolute scariest times in my life ...well, understandable, approachable, and empowering. I've been to him several times since and, although yes sometimes he comes across like Dr. House ;-), he is an expert and it is evident.