Dr. John Pirrello MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 29th, 2016
Glad to have a new primary care Dr
Made my appointment and had to cancel twice due to having 2 heart procedures Finally got to see Dr Pirillo today 8/29/2016. He was very professional and was interested in discussing and addressing all my concerns. The Dr spent an hour learning about my medical history and I am so happy since I relocated from New Jersey I now found my new primary caring DR

April 26th, 2016
Have been a patient of Dr. Pirrello over 20 yrs. he is always kind, courteous, listens well, responsive, and empathetic.

April 5th, 2016
Dr Pirello has been our family doctor for nearly 25 years and we could be happier.

September 23rd, 2015
Warning
First, do no harm. Most doctors respect and obey this critical medical rule. They want to help, not hurt, their patients. But there are some like this man who seem to have missed this important message. They may look at their patients and see an opportunity to make money. Or they may see a chance to vent their rage. Or they may simply not care enough to be careful when taking care of people.

July 28th, 2015
My experience unfortunately does not involve the Dr., who I understand is very good. My problems involved his rude and unprofessional office staff. I'm sure the Dr. has plenty of patients, but thanks to staff that deals with scheduling appointments, he will not have another. They were less than honest about their interactions with us and then ill informed staff called, was very rude and I believe assumed things from the contact notes on the computer that were false. We were always cordial under unique and stressful circumstances and were mistreated without cause.

July 9th, 2015
Will never go to any other general practioner!
I've been seeing him since I was 8 years old (insurance didn't have local pediatrician, so I just saw same MD as my parents) so I have been a patient of his for over 15 years. I will NEVER switch MD's unless he retires. His nurse, Donna is amazing and I love them both!

May 8th, 2015
Wont take cash
I have very bad depression. Both my parents were patients of his for many years s I would of liked to have him as my doctor but he doesn't take cash paying patients. Guess he's as bad as our Government!!!

February 26th, 2015
Patient
I love Dr. Pirrello! He really cares about his patients and takes the time needed to listen to you. Is always available.

April 2nd, 2013
Horrible office staff! Never saw the Dr.
Too bad I don't know if the Dr is great or not. I never got past the receptionist and cashier! I called this practice bcz it's close in proximity to where I live (Beacon Woods). The receptionist who answered the phone sounded as if she was on serious pain medication. I looked past this and decided to continue. After all, I was seeing the Dr., not her. I asked her what is the soonest appt I would be able to get (exactly like that). She immediately said in a very enthusiastic tone, that I wouldn't be able to be seen for two or three weeks. I then realized she didnt want to bother taking a new patient, and was trying to discourage me from pressing forward with the scheduling. Again, I ignored this asks said that 2 or 3 weeks is fine. I asked how much the visit would cost (just a routine check up) since it is relatively early I'm the year and I haven't met my deductible yet. She said she didn't know. She placed me on hold for a long time then another woman answered. I assume she was in accounts payable (or else why else would she have answered the line after the receptionist?) Again, I asked her how much the office visit would cost. She said she "doesn't know. Maybe a hundred, a hundred and a half. Maybe two hundred or two hundred and fifty" (I am not exaggerating one bit!) I asked her if she said two hundred and fifty dollars. She said yes bcz he needs to request records from my previous Dr. I told her I'd contact the Dr. directly to ask him if this is correct. I'm astonished at the level of general laziness in work ethics in Florida. I'm originally from NY. If an employee didn't do their job, they were out. I decided to switch from my last Dr. not bcz of the Dr. (he was great) but bcz the office employees were clueless. Is it really like this everywhere?

November 8th, 2012
Dr Pirello is very caring and spends alot of time with his patients. However he tends to over book causing LONG waits in the waiting room and the room. Very good bedside manner and nice person.