Dr. John Pittman MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

August 23rd, 2016
Dr. Pittman really knows his stuff and is willing to help and point you in the proper direction when it comes to your health.

August 18th, 2016
Awesome Doctor
After Dr Pittmen diagnosed that I have Type 2 Diabetes he called every morning & every night for 2wks to see what my glucose levels were. I've never had a doctor call me at home ever. He is kind and caring He explains everything. His office staff up front know me by my name & they are professional & friendly. Sometimes the wait in the reception is long but I think it's because he has a very busy practice.

November 12th, 2015
Very good family dentist. Nice staff.

June 18th, 2015
Dr. Pittman is so wonderful! He is absolutely the best Doctor in the city. All the years I went to him, his staff was incompetent and rude.

June 9th, 2015
I have been going to Dr. Pittman for years. He is the only doctor I know that knows who I am, knows my mother-in-law and also has her as a patient and a asked about my children whom he use to treat as children. He always explains things to me completely and is very friendly. I have and continue to recommend him to family and friends.

February 20th, 2015
Great Doc!!
I am a firm believer in Dr. Pittman! He is a great doc and and enjoyable person. He does have a busy practice but that is to be expected for a 20+ year practice. He still finds time to listen and diagnose each problem I present. I have been his patient for over 3 years and will remain a patient as long as he continues to practice medicine.

January 21st, 2015
After 13 yrs we found hope here!!
This man is a genius!! He runs actual test to tell you what wrong instead of guessing,

October 14th, 2014
He was kind and listened to my concerns. He encouraged me and gave me hope that I could feel better. I started feeling better after the first visit and continue to improve

April 24th, 2014
My Doctor
Dr Pittman is very kind and caring doctor. He is very friendly and takes my health very serious. He takes time to talk to me as long as needed. The only negative thing about my whole experience with him, is that he is so attentive that when seeing him, I can expect at least 2 hrs with him.

January 21st, 2014
Significant Problems in Practice
I have seen Dr. Pittman for some time. I believe him to be a very intelligent person and in many respects an excellent doctor. However, he is too busy and there are real problems with his staff, for which he must take responsibility. However, he does not appear willing to do so. In attempting to get a refill for a routine prescription I have taken for years, I had the refill request denied. When I talked with the refill nurse I was told I could not get a refill on my prescription if I was "not coming in for my appointments." I have seen Dr. Pittman regularly every few months, had seen him only two months previously and had lab work relative to the very presciption I was requesting a refill on! I was repeatedly told that I had "no showed" for an appointment that I had in fact cancelled while waiting for the results of some other medical testing I had had done, in line with Dr. Pittman's own request. I myself had called Dr. Pittman's office the day before to see if he wanted me to have some additional bloodwork done. I explained this repeatedly . Yet, I was as much as told that I am a liar, don't know what I am talking about, and am non-compliant. The record clearly shows that that is not the case. A consultation with Dr. Pittman or his nurse would also have resolved the issue. However, this did not happen. I am not willing to go through a fight, be called a liar, and take three days when I need prescription refills. I do have other options. When I spoke with Dr. Pittman directly about this, he acknowledged mistakes had been made and apologized, which I did appreciate. However, in the end he made excuses for the staff and said nothing could be done to correct the situation. He blamed the system and seemed to feel that he is as much a victim of it as anyone. He is the one who is, or should be, in charge of his practice and it is up to him to ensure that his patients are not treated inappropriately and that they are able to get their needed medications. Communication between his staff and Dr. Pittman appears to be a real problem. If his staff do not have the time or training to adequately respond to patients' needs in a courteous and thoughtful manner, something is wrong with the way his practice is structured, and he does have control of that. Perhaps he needs to limit the number of patients he sees, give his staff better training, and instruct them to consult with him. Since this is not going to happen, I regrettably have had to find a new physician, where I do not anticipate such problems.

April 2nd, 2013
A Great Doctor
I see Dr. Pittman as a great doctor. I dont have a negative thing to say about him. He has been my doctor for years. He is nice and kind. Its great to have a Doctor who cares. If there is someone who says diffrent they are wrong.

February 28th, 2013
AMAZING DOCTOR
I have been a patient of Dr. Pittman's for over 20 years. I can say without reservation that he is one of the most caring and committed physicians that I have ever had the opportunity of meeting. Dr. Pittman is a good Christian man and serves the community is various ways such as helping at the free clinic, food bank and soup kitchens. He also uses his two week vacation to travel to Uganda to care for the impoverished. Anyone that thinks that he is in business to simply "make money" is sadly mistaken. Again, I give this amazing doctor 4 stars!