Dr. John Plowden Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Plowden?

March 17th, 2016

It's been eight years and DR. Plowden has taken very good care of my son. One of the best DR as far as taking his time and making sure life continues to flourish. Thank you DR Plowden.

March 17th, 2016

Great Doctor

Dr.Plowden has been seeing our son for the past 8 yrs and I love everything he does for his patients if it wasnt for him our son wouldnt have gotten then surgery he needed right away. Dr.Plowden fights for his patients and we are truly grateful for that.

August 16th, 2012

Mother of patient

Dr. Plowden goes above and beyond what you would expect from doctor. When my daughter was diagnosed with Myocarditis at 11 months old in a local ER Dr. Plowden was her guardian angel. Even though he was not her doctor at the time he was called to assist in her care she was very sick and we thought she might not make it he stayed by her bedside for more than 6 hours getting her stable enough to transfer to a Cardiac Intensive Care unit at Texas Children's in Dallas. He knew she was to sick to go to the hospital our insurance company wanted to transfer her too he was on the phone personally making sure she was able to get the specialty care she needed. He made sure he explained exactly what was going on and even made sure her grandmother was able to go in and kiss her before they put her on the life flight to Dallas this meant the world to my mom since we were not sure if she would even survive the flight. Once we were at Texas Childrens Dr. Plowden not only called the doctors there to check on her but he called me personally to check on her and let me know he was praying for her. He has been her cardiologist ever since and I have no doubt she receives the very best care available in El Paso. He has always been very thorough with all her care and he always takes time to explain everything to us never making us feel silly for asking questions. Every time i have had to call his answering service after hours Dr. Plowden has promptly called me back. His staff is very friendly and professional always putting my daughter at ease before EKG's and ECHO's. I would highly recommend Dr. Plowden to anyone who's child is in need of a cardiologist in El Paso.

December 8th, 2011

Very unethical staff including the doctor. Very upset at how materialistic they all were. I understand they need to take care of business(insurance, payments, etc) but there are ways of saying things. I had never in my life heard a doctor talk to a patient about how much it would cost to send paperwork to a hospital (35 dlls) because our son needed heart surgery. It was unbelievable to hear the doctor say my newborn would probably need surgery, but said to us he didnt have time to answer all of our questions. We will no longer go to this doctor and are now seeing someone who at least shows some caring.

November 8th, 2011

Dr. Plowden has been seeing my daughter for 7 yrs. He has sent us to houston 3 times for major heart surgeries which saved her life. We are extremely grateful to him and his staff for their attetion with our daugter. We can not thank him enough for eveything he has done for our daughter. He is a professional, carring, dedicated doctor who I've recomended and will continue to recomend to friends co-workers and family.

July 14th, 2010

Dr. Plowden is a great Dr. He has seen my Daughter since we came to El Paso 10 years ago. We always been treadet with respect. I have no bad things to report. I have been recomending Dr. Plowden to all my friends and anyone who ask.

April 29th, 2009

Stay AWAY from this doctor!

Absolutely horrific doctor... So very sad he's only one of three in El Paso who can treat pediatric heart disease. He gave my family a critical diagnosis (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy), told us to go see a doctor in Houston (which we would have moved heaven and earth to go - insurance or not) then told us, "Nope, your insurance won't approve it! I've only gotten 6 kids approved - ever!" When we called his office two days (TWO DAYS) later to ask if they had sent the referral (Dr. Plowden told me "not to blame myself when my child died" so you an imagine our panic) he had the NERVE to get on the phone and tell my husband that "he called the office too much" and that "he would be in touch." What? Wait, let me understand this... he told us our 4 year old was going to die, told us we had to get to a specialist then REFUSED to take our phone calls about whether or not a referral had been placed?? Needless to say, we went through our general pediatric doctor who had us in Houston at the specialist in THREE WEEKS. Please, stay away from Dr. Plowden. After being treated by the specialist in Houston, I can say (without a doubt) that this is by FAR the WORST doctor we've ever dealt with - so even if you have to travel to find care, DO SO. I sincerely believe this man was showboating and wanted to keep our family under him - why else would he refuse to help in any way possible to get us to a specialist? Horrible. Words cannot express how awful this doctor is.

July 20th, 2016