A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Polio:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Polio is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Polio, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Transplantation
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Polio graduated from Boston University . He has 6 awards.
Dr. Polio has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Hartford Hospital
- St Francis Hospital & Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Polio MD is a male Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John Polio practice?
- Dr. John Polio has 8 office locations.
Dr. John Polio practices Gastroenterology near Hartford, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Rocky Hill, CT and Avon, CT.
See Hartford Gastroenterologists.