A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Polio is Excellent. Dr. Polio has been reviewed by 8 patients who have provided 3 comments. The rating is 3.5 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Polio, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Transplant Hepatology.
He has special expertise in 4 Areas, including Liver Cancer, Liver Cirrhosis, and Transplant Hepatology.1 more special expertise area
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Polio graduated from Boston University . He has 4 awards.
Dr. Polio has 9 hospital affiliations:
- St Francis Hospital & Medical Center
- Hartford Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Polio accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Anthem - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 1 plan
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 4 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. John Polio:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John Polio practice?
Dr. John Polio practices Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, Transplant Hepatology, and Hepatology near Enfield, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Rocky Hill, CT and Hartford, CT.
See Enfield Internists, Enfield Gastroenterologists, and Enfield Hepatologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Van Polio, Dr. Deshawn Polio, Dr. Jan Polio, Dr. Hank Polio, Dr. Shayne Polio, Dr. Shane Polio, Dr. Jackie Polio, Dr. Giovanni Polio