Dermatologist
3500 Oak Lawn Ave
Suite 650
Dallas, TX 75219
214-526-8100
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  dexterity, skilled  |  show details
by Brad C on Feb 12th, 2014

Staff billing was fine. His office was not busy when I was there, so they probably won't make you wait much or struggle to get an appointment. I didn't get much in the way of dermatology services, medical diagnosis, so I can't evaluate his medical knowledge, but for getting things cut out, I'd rate his manual skill highly. He was the third doc I'd had to do the same procedure over the years and he was the best, and he was very reasonable to deal with in incorporating my own treatment preferences.

|  go elsewhere  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2014

He is not the best I have been too. I would look for another option. He scarred my leg badly

|  Thank You!  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2012

I do not want to come back to see you, but you will be my first choice if I need to. Thank You.We are referring to yall.Please let me take some liquid nitrogen home to play with next time!tjb

|  VERY bad .....find another doctor !!!  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2012

OVER PRICED. He takes your insurance and then sends you a bill for hundreds of dollars and demands that you pay.I had to wait 1 hour and 11 min. past my appt time, his staff is totally lost and have no idea what they are doing.

|  I highly recommend! Wonderful attitude  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2012

Dr Proffitt really listens to me as a patient. He looks at you and really "hears" what you say. I aleays ferl like I can ask him anything and he gives me an honest answer without making me feel like I asked a dumb question. He is very relaxed and very considerate to his patients. Knowledgeable with his treatment explanations and recommendations. I highly recommend Dr Proffitt as a dermatologist and medical professional. L. Young , Dallas, TX

|  Dr. Proffitt is a compassionate gifted medical professional  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2011

I have psoriasis, and the quality of my life was finishing each day due to the severity of it. I was covered with it everywhere except my face, neck, palms, and soles. Bathing was excruciating. I have seen Dr. Proffitt for about 12 years until he moved to Texas. I was entertaining thoughts of suicide due to the pain and inability to function. I had lost my insurance, but the cost of seeing him was trivial compared to the assistance and treatment he provided which put me into remission and saved my life. Dr. Proffitt cared and worked quickly to make sure I was treated immediately. I owe my life to his knowledge and compassion. I am devastated that he moved to Texas. I know he will cure people there and Texas will see what I was able to see, an intelligent and phenomenally knowledgeable doctor who cares!

|  Great doctor. Easy to get in. Fast.  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2011

Dr. Profitt's office is a lean operating machine. I was in, filled out some paperwork and was in to see the doctor in 5 minutes. He started right away and I was finished within 15 minutes. We scheduled a follow up 3 weeks later. The only issue I had was that we really didn't have a chance to talk about why I was developing some adult acne on the middle of my back.

by SJT on Apr 14th, 2010

I have seen Dr. Proffitt, Dr. Tauscher, Laura Stigge, PA based on whomever could fit me in bc of my difficult travel schedule. I usually see Laura for my cosmetic issues. All three providers have given me excellent care. The results have been great! I feel like this is a very professional and thourough medical office.

|  Jesse Watts P.A  |  show details
by kabattese99 on Jan 30th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I have seen her several times and was impressed with her knowledge and understanding of my situation. She listen to all my questions and answered them accordingly. She has done one biopsy and three injections to a scar. I am very happy and would highly reccomend her professionalism to anyone seeking a wonderful dermatologist.

|  Jesse Watts most professional  |  show details
by mapt on Jan 28th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I can`t belive what I just read about Jesse Watts. A friend of mine referred me to her and I have been seeing her for over 2 years. She is soft spoken and gentle. My treatment from her has been nothing but professional and whoever wrote the last comment must be crazy. I have sent no less than 5 of my friends to her and none of them have complained. Ignore the last review.

|  Much better before I came in.  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2009

Keeping this short, simple, and true. Reception staff, NEVER friendly. Wait, fair. Visit with dermatologist, short, rushed so I forgot half the things I wanted to ask, and finally, I only got worse with each visit and change of medication. I was much better before I ever came.

|  Screw Job  |  show details
by CalGuy on Sep 17th, 2009

Before I made an appt. with this doctor at the Burlington Ks hospital I asked for complete dianostic and treatment charges as I pay cash. In California, the diagnostic is $65 (in office) and treatment can be extra depending on severity. Ater seeing Dr Proffitt, I was asked to pay in full - $125 the same as was quoted when making the appt.. Almost 4 weeks later I received a hospital charge for $60 and Johnson Co. Derm. wanted another $144 for cryogenic treatment. I originally asked for the price because I wanted laser unless the cryo was substantially lower. I am planning legal action. AVOID these guys at all costs!

|  Never Again!  |  show details
by CalGuy on Sep 17th, 2009 on kudzu.com

On my drs referral to Dr John Proffitt, I asked how much the entire cost (I always pay cash) for diagnostic and treatment would be. I was told $125. I was considering laser, but was told cryogenic could be done better/cheaper. At checkout time I again asked for total charges and was told $125. I wrote the check. Now four weeks later the hospital wants $60 and Johnson Co Dermatology wants $144 for treatment! I am planning legal action. In California I pay $65 for visit and most treatments. What is wrong with Ks?

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
by KSGal9 on Sep 6th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I saw Jesse Watts who is just a PA, and she was so unprofessional. I tried to ask a question over and over, but she interrupted me more than three times giving me the same answer which didn't address the question I was trying to ask. If she had waited u

by KSLady on May 14th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I've gone to JCD and been treated by Jessie Watts, the PA for several years - I have NEVER had to wait longer than 5 minutes to get checked in, and have always been treated with the utmost courtesy and compassion. (I suffer from chronic adult acne). I ha

by Mwilliams on May 12th, 2009 on citysearch.com

My wife has been pleading with me to visit a dermatologist to have a skin growth examined. I have a demanding professional life with very little time during the day. I saw an ad for Johnson County Dermatology a few weeks ago and decided to make the call

by awdwrx on Aug 4th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Avoid this place at all costs! I scheduled an appointment because I had some spots appear on my arm that I thought were unsightly. After looking at them, they determined that they should freeze them off with some liquid nitrogen. I was told that they woul