Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Over charging over billing! show details Over charging over billing!
Jan 30th, 2015

Less than zero for this psyco quack!

Easy Peasy show details Easy Peasy
by Jorie S on Dec 17th, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. P for 3 years. I would take my Mom and Dad many times throughout the year. They were in their late 80's and always needed a derma attention. It happens when your in your 80's! As for me and the kids, he's easy to get an appt for, efficient with our time, friendly with a quick chit chat, knowledgeable and no over drama. In, out, pay and go. Insurance can be tricky with dermatologists, labs, pathology, deductibles, but the billing is usually very fair. His staff is kind of mellow, not high energy. It's convenient to get a little extra vanity applications done, if you want something added on. Dr. P works great for us!

dexterity, skilled show details dexterity, skilled
by Brad C on Feb 12th, 2014

Staff billing was fine. His office was not busy when I was there, so they probably won't make you wait much or struggle to get an appointment. I didn't get much in the way of dermatology services, medical diagnosis, so I can't evaluate his medical knowledge, but for getting things cut out, I'd rate his manual skill highly. He was the third doc I'd had to do the same procedure over the years and he was the best, and he was very reasonable to deal with in incorporating my own treatment preferences.

go elsewhere show details go elsewhere
Jan 9th, 2014

He is not the best I have been too. I would look for another option. He scarred my leg badly

VERY bad .....find another doctor !!! show details VERY bad .....find another doctor !!!
Jan 17th, 2012

OVER PRICED. He takes your insurance and then sends you a bill for hundreds of dollars and demands that you pay.I had to wait 1 hour and 11 min. past my appt time, his staff is totally lost and have no idea what they are doing.

Dr. Proffitt is a compassionate gifted medical professional show details Dr. Proffitt is a compassionate gifted medical professional
Oct 11th, 2011

I have psoriasis, and the quality of my life was finishing each day due to the severity of it. I was covered with it everywhere except my face, neck, palms, and soles. Bathing was excruciating. I have seen Dr. Proffitt for about 12 years until he moved to Texas. I was entertaining thoughts of suicide due to the pain and inability to function. I had lost my insurance, but the cost of seeing him was trivial compared to the assistance and treatment he provided which put me into remission and saved my life. Dr. Proffitt cared and worked quickly to make sure I was treated immediately. I owe my life to his knowledge and compassion. I am devastated that he moved to Texas. I know he will cure people there and Texas will see what I was able to see, an intelligent and phenomenally knowledgeable doctor who cares!

Great doctor. Easy to get in. Fast. show details Great doctor. Easy to get in. Fast.
Sep 6th, 2011

Dr. Profitt's office is a lean operating machine. I was in, filled out some paperwork and was in to see the doctor in 5 minutes. He started right away and I was finished within 15 minutes. We scheduled a follow up 3 weeks later. The only issue I had was that we really didn't have a chance to talk about why I was developing some adult acne on the middle of my back.

by SJT on Apr 14th, 2010

I have seen Dr. Proffitt, Dr. Tauscher, Laura Stigge, PA based on whomever could fit me in bc of my difficult travel schedule. I usually see Laura for my cosmetic issues. All three providers have given me excellent care. The results have been great! I feel like this is a very professional and thourough medical office.

Much better before I came in. show details Much better before I came in.
Oct 28th, 2009

Keeping this short, simple, and true. Reception staff, NEVER friendly. Wait, fair. Visit with dermatologist, short, rushed so I forgot half the things I wanted to ask, and finally, I only got worse with each visit and change of medication. I was much better before I ever came.