Overall Review

3.6

October 9th, 2016
limitations
I had had the best impression of Dr. Provet the first time I conosulted him. So I went to see him after literally almost dying of a Clostridium Difficile infection that had left me incontinent, Dr. P. said rightly that there was no remedy but called a prescription to my drugstore which I took without question. It was an antibiotic and started a relapse that lasted for months until a FMT. My primary care doctor was shocked that any physician would prescribe an antibiotic to anyone who had had C. Diff. I am shocked that a reputable one could be so poorly informed of something which seems to be almost an epidemic. I am paying the price of that relapse and the medication induced neuropathies that followed.

June 23rd, 2013
1.5 STARS
Impatient with my questions; staff lost my urine sample so I had to wait until my bladder was full enough to re-do; terrible upfront info about costs and logistics of prepping for surgery; no post-surgery notes given; in follow up a month later he told me no stone analysis had been done. Only when it was clear I was going to get very angry about this did he leave for 5 minutes and return with the report that he surprisingly found. Very bad experience overall!

June 11th, 2013
PATIENT
DR PROVET IS THE BEST DOCTOR IS EVER SEEN. hE IS PROFESSIONAL AND VERY KNOWLEDGABLE IN HIS FIELD. I RECOMMEND HIS TO EVERYONE.

March 7th, 2012
The best in NY
If you are looking to be babied this is not the doctor for you. Dr Provet is a bright professional doctor that is respected by his peers and the best in his field. He has treated me for over 10 years and I can't stop sign his praises. He has always treated me with respect. You have to decide you want a doctor to hold your hand and baby you or someone to treat and cure you.Think about it.

February 27th, 2012
tough love
Dr Provet is one of the most knowledgable physicians in his field and he is on top of all the latest research, treatements, surgeries, and trends for kidneys and renal studies. Some may not like his "bedside manner" but he calls it like it is honestly and informatively so together doctor and patient make the best decisions. All the rest of the survey material is inconsequential is your doctor is an experienced leader in his field and lays out your options for you.

July 21st, 2010
Alarmist
While a very good doctor, the times I have seen him he has made comments about my possible having a very serious problem only to turn out not to be - he is an alarmist in my opinion. Maybe he is then the hero because the problem is less than he led you to believe? I dodn't care for it.