Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile
4350 S National Ave
Springfield, MO 65810
417-447-1000
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Not Recommened at ALL  |  show details
by Debra H. on Apr 17th, 2013

My daughter broke her arm in an accident and we were sent there by the on call doctor in the E.R. The first visit wasn't so bad. But the other 3 visits made my daughter a nervous wreck. She is 9 years old. We had to wait over 2.5 hours and then he was rude when we requested setting up another appointment. The next visit from that one he again was very short with her and didn't even remember prescribing her physical therapy and became agitated with me over having mentioned her progress at the PT. Now our final visit, he was back to being nice again but he had an itern at the time. We were VERY disappointed in the way he treated a child who required no surgery. And now that we are trying to get the secondary insurance the information regarding her bills, they have been rude at the front desk as well. Just called them, this has been 7 months since our first visit, and they won't fax paperwork. I have to stop in to pick it up or they can mail it. They know that I am trying to settle with the insurance company to get them paid, there is no reason to be so uncooperative.

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2010

Very competent and professional. I felt I got the best care possible at any level. My work puts me in contact with various Medical clinics, offices and hospitals and my highest recommendations go out regarding Dr. Putnam, his staff, and facilities.

|  HIGHLY recommend  |  show details
by SBU Mom on Oct 7th, 2009

I would HIGHLY recommend Dr Putnam. He is extremely professional and a perfectionist when it comes to his work, both qualities I expect from a surgeon. After visiting two other surgeons, he quickly diagnosed my sons' problem with his right shoulder and arranged the surgery around my son's sport schedules. I credit Dr Putnam's attention to a perfect outcome as the reason my son was able to play college football.