Dr. John Putz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Putz?

Misdiagnosed. Did not listen!

Posted on August 29th, 2017

I went to Dr. Putz for my knee. (I tore a ligament AND tendon in my knee while playing softball) I couldn't walk, i went into the office on crutches. Dr. Putz did an "exam" of my knee (a very quick touch to the knee pretty much and asked if it hurt) I said yes and then he said "well your hamstring attaches somewhere right here" (you're an orthopedic surgeon...you should know the exact location) anyway, he said I tore my hamstring and that's the reason my knee hurt. I figured he knew what he was talking about. I asked many questions as did my wife and he went around the questions and didn't even answer them. As we left I said for a 3rd time I feel like I need an MRI done on it (I had an X-ray done in ER the night before so I knew that the bones weren't broken) but I felt like an MRI would've shown much more. We left and I said to my wife I need to go back in and demand an MRI. (I was in excruciating pain) so I hobbled back in and said "I'd like an MRI please i'd know if it was my hamstring and it feels like it's my knee." His exact words were "I don't feel that it's worth spending $1,200 on an MRI when you passed my "exam" " so my wife said to forget him and she'd schedule a 2nd opinion at MSU sports medicine. Couldn't get in for 3 months but once I got in they did an MRI. Turns out I have a bad tear that may require surgery! Doing Physical therapy before but if that doesn't work then surgery it is. I could've been doing physical therapy 3 months ago if he would've done an MRI. I'm beyond displeased with Dr. Putz and I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. I don't ever make reviews but I'm hoping by me doing this it will help save another person from being misdiagnosed!

Did not listen

Posted on April 27th, 2015

Dismissed my complaints; failed to diagnose; spent too little time. Still dealing with regular searing pain. Fitting last name.

Posted on August 18th, 2016