A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Young:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Young
Schizophrenia Patient Education Schizophrenia patient education guide explains how this brain disorder affects behavior and lists symptoms and treatments.Before Visiting Dr. Young Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Young, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Young graduated from University of California at San Francisco.
Dr. Young has 4 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Quincy Young MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 10 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. John Q. Young practice?
- Dr. John Young has 1 office location.
Dr. John Young practices Psychiatry near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Psychiatrists.