A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Carlson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Carlson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
He has special expertise in 1 Area, including Giardiasis.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Carlson graduated from University of California at Los Angeles.More Education & Awards
Dr. Carlson has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System
- Salinas Valley Memorial Health Care District
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carlson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Central California Alliance for Health - 5 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 8 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
More Accepted Insurance