A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Carlson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Carlson is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carlson
Lupus Patient Education Patient education guide to systemic lupus erythematosus and less common forms of lupus.Before Visiting Dr. Carlson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Carlson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Carlson graduated from University of California at Los Angeles. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Carlson has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System
- Salinas Valley Memorial Health Care District
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John R Carlson MD is a male Internist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John R. Carlson practice?
- Dr. John Carlson has 1 office location.
Dr. John Carlson practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Salinas, CA.
See Salinas Internists and Salinas Gastroenterologists.