A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Davis, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
He has special expertise in 14 Areas, including Bladder Removal Cystectomy, Cryotherapy, and Kidney Cancer.11 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Davis graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Davis has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Virginia Beach General Hospital
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Davis accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. John Davis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John R. Davis practice?
Dr. John Davis practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Urology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Norfolk, VA.
See Houston Surgeons and Houston Urologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Van Davis, Dr. Deshawn Davis, Dr. Jan Davis, Dr. Hank Davis, Dr. Shayne Davis, Dr. Shane Davis, Dr. Jackie Davis, Dr. Giovanni Davis