A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Hess:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hess
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Hess Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Hess, MD, MPH is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, and Blood Banking & Transfusion Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Education & Awards
Dr. Hess graduated from University of Washington, Seattle.
Dr. Hess has 1 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Maryland Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Rider Hess MD and MPH is a male Internist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, Blood Banking & Transfusion Medicine, and Public Health.
- Where does Dr. John R. Hess practice?
- Dr. John Hess has 1 office location.
Dr. John Hess practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, Blood Banking & Transfusion Medicine, and Public Health near Baltimore, MD.
See Baltimore Internists, Baltimore Hematologists, Baltimore Oncologists, Baltimore Pathologists, and Baltimore Preventive Medicine Specialists.