A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Hess:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hess
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Hess, MD, MPH is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, and Blood Banking & Transfusion Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Education & Awards
Dr. Hess graduated from University of Washington, Seattle.
Dr. Hess has 1 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Maryland Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Rider Hess MD and MPH is a male Internist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, Blood Banking & Transfusion Medicine, and Public Health.
- Where does Dr. John R. Hess practice?
- Dr. John Hess has 1 office location.
Dr. John Hess practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, Blood Banking & Transfusion Medicine, and Public Health near Baltimore, MD.
See Baltimore Internists, Baltimore Hematologists, Baltimore Oncologists, Baltimore Pathologists, and Baltimore Preventive Medicine Specialists.