Dr. John Hubbard Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. John Hubbard?

Uncomfortable

Posted on July 28th, 2017

I was referred because of extreme depression. My primary care doctor was afraid I was bipolar. I should have known Dr, Hubbard worked with addiction treatment because of the all the paper work and the drug screening urine test upon my first visit. I was so depressed at the time I went to appointments despite my extreme uncomfortable feeling there. Bedside manner is not warm nor comforting. I was offended because I mentioned that I was applying for disabiity --for physical problems that had caused me to have to stop working--a huge reason for my depression--and he snapped that he would not give any reports until he had seen me for 6 months. I HAD NOT ASKED for that. I was really taken aback by his attitude. I will say a positive word. He and my internal medicine specialist were giving me conflicting advice and medication dosages, etc. He finally volunteered--nicely--to bow out of my treatment and let the other doctor handle it. i respected him for that!

Dr Hubbard

Posted on August 21st, 2016

I have seen him for years and have appreciated everything he has done for me.He is wonderful and caring,I wish I could still see him but lost insurance and have been devastated.,thank you and I appreciate you so much.

Posted on May 31st, 2015

I went to Dr Hubbard feeling really good and after years my medicine was finally working for me. When I went in I felt so uncomfortable I had to sign about 12 pages stating that my prescriptions were for ME and at any time they could ask for a pill count to make sure I was taking them correctly. I felt like I was a drug addict. I am a professional career woman who is certainly not a drug addict . He requires you to take a drug test before he will even talk to you . Knowing my drug test was negative I finally got to see Dr Hubbard after 45 minutes of waiting . He criticized all the medicines I was on and the doctors that prescribed them. I was referred there to help with thyroid problems and my moods were up and down . My medicine was finally regulated and I thought this would be a normal visit since my doctor had moved to Birmingham and Dr Hubbard was in the same office as Dr Bonner. I was wrong . He changed all my medicines. When I questioned him about the change of my medication he said I had insulted him. My visit was a terrible experience and will not be back . I can't believe he has any patients with his attitude .

Bad Dr

Posted on April 4th, 2015

Stay away from this doctor.

Posted on January 31st, 2014

My first visit to psychiatrist, strictly for testing (classroom accommodations). Poor bedside manner. Overall uncomfortable experience. Would not go back unless I absolutely had to. He DID refer me for testing to a wonderfully intelligent doctor who diagnosed me accurately. For that I am thankful.

multiple drug test, no trust

Posted on January 9th, 2014

I allowed this man to play god on me. To chemically alter my state of mind. Which is a big deal the trust that I gave him was NOT given back. All this man does is write scripts and tell you to be back in 3 month's. He spends 10minutes and expects to know what medicine will work? I cursed in his office during an appointment I was paying for! And he said he doesn't want that language in his work. Very closed minded

Less than thrilled

Posted on April 18th, 2011

I guess he hears what he wants to hear. Be extremely careful what you say because what he writes down can come back to haunt you. Said I had a problem with something that was entirely untrue and he should have been able to figure it out. Was no help with my actual problem, and I just got tired of taking the different medications that did not seem to help.

Posted on March 24th, 2017