Family Physicians
750 N Estrella Pkwy
Ste 60
Goodyear, AZ 85338
623-889-3477
Locations and availability (3)

|  For Dr. Martin, Dr. Monroe's associate  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

Intro. & Physical Exam: Extremely personable and thorough. Very comfortable with staff as well.

Oct 10th, 2012

They forgot to call in my prescription. when my husband called the office the staff had no idea what prescription. I was referred to a specialist via mail. I wasn't told anything about the specialist at all was just sent a letter. No follow up at all.

Aug 6th, 2012

Dr. Monroe is awesome, he has the best bedside manner! Myself, my husband and all three of my kids see him and so do my parents. My kids have also seen Sarah Patterson, PA. She is just as caring! The office staff are so kind and sweet to my kids and make them feel comfortable when they get their vitals. Dr Monroe is the best Dr I've gone to so i will be definitely seeing him as long as he is in practice and as long as he stays in Goodyear or close to it, which is super close to my house and so convenient!

|  Time for a new doctor  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2012

First of all , I went to the heart doctor and he told me I needed to be put on heart meds. This doctor said that he had already told me to take the meds. There was no scripts for any such meds. My back, hips and legs have been in pain for the past two weeks. I called his office, the doctor told me to do pt, I did, became ill afterward and went to the er. Called and told the office staff, no response , until 4 days later. I was told that the doctor wanted me to do a follow up and hung up the phone. I called back, nothing more was said about the follow up. I called the office up today , to tell them I was still in pain, and that I needed a copy of my records so I can take them to another doctor. I was asked to come to the office to sign a med release form and that they would be ready to be picked up by 5pm . It is now 5:02 pm , no records, so I guess my new doctor is out of luck on trying to figure out what this doctor has done or not done to me.

|  Awesome Office  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2011

Not only is Dr. Monroe a great doctor so is his PA, Sarah Patterson. The ladies in the office are always a joy to see and speak with. I don't feel like just a patient in this office.

|  I am a horrible patient and he still put's up with me !  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2011

I went in to see Dr. Monroe a few days before my family was going on vacation. He listened & I felt it was a little odd that he really seem concerned in this day and age. He tried a new medication & I was suppose to come in when I got back. I got busy and kept putting it off. His staff were constantly on me, in a good way, with reminder calls and voice messages. I even took my son in for what was the end of strep throat, a little blood when he coughed, and Dr. Monroe's office made frequent calls to check on him, no appt necessary, even after the results came back. I have raised 3 children and never had anyone take care of us in the 23 years like this office takes care of us. Also, he has a Physician Assistant, Sarah Patterson who is just as caring as Dr. Monroe.

|  TERRIBLE Business, Decent Doctor  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2011

To be fair Dr. Monroe is a decent doctor and has a good bedside manner but his practice is horrible. Wait times of hours (yes hours) past your appointment are the norm. Also the practice is long on lip service and short on results. Need a Rx refill? You are going to WAIT, not 2 hrs, not 10hrs, not 1 day but 3 entire days (with close to 10 followup calls) for a lousy prescription. I wouldn't recommend this practice to anyone unless you don't value your time whatsoever or enjoy needless headaches and aggravation. To Doctor Monroe: Fire your office manager immediately, if not sooner, and replace him/her with a competent individual that knows how to run a practice. Also only scheduling the number of patients that you can realistically see in a day would be a huge improvement. Multiple hour waits for a scheduled appointment are beyond unacceptable. That kind of conduct in most other professions would lead to the unemployment line.

|  What once was GREAT is now mediocre at best!  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2011

This place was once a wonderful office however, now it is unprofessional, it takes forever to get an appointment anymore, and the Dr.'s bedside manner leaves quite allot to be desired. He now comes off as arrogant and haughty! I don't know what happened but no longer impressed.

Jan 24th, 2011

Dr.Monroe has a great memory and wonderful bedside manner. He remembered my granddaughter (she had only been in once) when I brought my son in to see him. This office is SO user friendly. I don't believe I have ever made an appointment. I have walked in and been seen VERY quickly every time. So much nicer than going to urgent care! Fabulous, FABULOUS!!

|  Responding to the last remark  |  show details
by Anonymous on Mar 20th, 2010

Im writing in regards to the last message left regarding my physician Dr.Monroe and his staff.I have been a patient since he first opened his family practice in 2007, He is, overall the best family doctor in Arizona and yes that's my opinion,when my family and I are sick or just need a follow up, his lovely staff can get us in the same day or next,we dont mind the wait IF there is any, I do understand that John is not a God but he sure comes close to it,his staff is VERY effienct, we know they give their best.John will be our provider FOREVER!!!Keep up the OUTSTANDING work John and his lovely office staff

|  Most horrible medical experience of my life....  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2009

Dr Monroe BANNED me from his office. Yes, you read that correctly. The story is this, I had upper and lower abdominal pain and he sent me to go get an ultrasound. The report came back as finding nothing and Dr Monroe's staff called me to tell me the doctor wanted me to come in for an appointment as follow up, even though the ultrasound report found NOTHING. I advised that I couldnt afford the $120 appointment fee and time off work for him to just give me an order for another test and asked if they could please just give me the order instead of having to pay for another appointment. The office manager Gabby was horribly rude to me and did not listen to anything I was saying, wanted to just answer the calls coming in and get me off the phone. She told me 'it says he wants you to come in, so either you do that or you don't, thats it'. so i asked her to leave a message for the doctor to ask WHY i had to come in for an appointment when ultrasound found nothing. Next day I call to see if there is a message and the poor front desk office girl read me a message on my file saying Doctor Monroe is refusing me service and 'discharging' me because I am refusing to come in for an appointment??? was my request really that bad, I don't think so. wow.... I was blown away to say the least. Not to mention the fact that every appointment I have had was an over hour long wait and the Dr is so rushed and overwhelmed when he is seeing you -- I definitely would not recommend him to anyone.