Thoracic Surgeon, Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  A No Nonsense Yet Compassionate Surgeon  |  show details
by Doug N. on Sep 20th, 2013

From the first visit that I had with Dr. Roberts after being diagnosed with an extreme illness by a local doctor in a small town I was impressed. Dr. Roberts is respected as a leader in his field and I am so thankful that the first doctor realizing my situation was beyond their capabilities referred me to Dr. Roberts. On that initial meeting I let Dr. Roberts know that I wanted the facts with no sugar coating. Some doctors can be brutal when told that. Dr. Roberts took the time to explain what needed to be done and what I could expect as far as quality of life, etc. once the surgery is done. He took the time to answer each and every question I had and all the answers were given in a straight forward thoughtful manner. Since that first meeting we have had quite a number of encounters in the operating room and in his office. I consider myself lucky to have been referred to him. His staff are very helpful and knowledgeable and have never failed to work with me in order to set up appointments to see the doctor with little notice. This fine doctor is the reason I am still around and able to write this most positive review.

|  CARE BEYOND THE NORM  |  show details
by Tidwellian on Jan 11th, 2010

Dr. Roberts has been exceptional for us. When father was in Intensive Care, he gave us his personal cell phone number. His surgery was a year ago, and Dr. Roberts still follows father's progress with regular appointments. When father needed a transfusion for kidney problems totally unrelated to the surgery 9 months prior, I wanted father in Centennial Hospital instead of Murfreesboro, so in despiration I called Dr. Roberts cell, he was very gracious and caring, and had father admitted when it wasn't even his problem to deal with, AND he came every day to check on him. Dr. Roberts is not a man of many words, but his heart is genuine and he works extremely hard. We appreciate him!