A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is deceased.
Learn more about Dr. John Stephens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Stephens is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Stephens, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Digestive System Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Heart Failure
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Stephens graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore.
Dr. Stephens has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
- Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John R Stephens MD is a male Internist, has 43 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John R. Stephens practice?
- Dr. John Stephens has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Stephens practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Newport News, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Smithfield, VA.
See Newport News Internists and Newport News Gastroenterologists.