A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Stephens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Stephens is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Stephens
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Stephens Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Stephens, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Digestive System Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Heart Failure
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Stephens graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore.
Dr. Stephens has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
- Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John R Stephens MD is a male Internist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John R. Stephens practice?
- Dr. John Stephens has 1 office location.
Dr. John Stephens practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Newport News, VA.
See Newport News Internists and Newport News Gastroenterologists.