A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Stephens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Stephens is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Stephens
Eating Disorders Patient Education Read all about treatments and doctors to see for various eating disorders by reading our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Stephens Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Stephens, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Digestive System Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Heart Failure
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Stephens graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore.
Dr. Stephens has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
- Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John R Stephens MD is a male Internist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John R. Stephens practice?
- Dr. John Stephens has 1 office location.
Dr. John Stephens practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Newport News, VA.
See Newport News Internists and Newport News Gastroenterologists.