Dr. John Swan MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Vancouver, WA

• Good
  • Bad

December 13th, 2016
Dr. Swan is a wonderful caring doctor who is extremely knowledgeable in family medicine. I am a chronic pain patient who moved here from out of state and he helped me get the care that I need for my chronic condition, always treating me with respect, care, and concern. I am extremely drug sensitive, always having rare side effects, and Dr. Swan has been patient and methodical with finding solutions that work for me. When we moved here, my husband seriously hurt his back and at the same time, found out he had a hernia. Dr. Swan was instrumental in getting my husband into a neurosurgeon right away and he was able to have a surgery quickly with an excellent outcome. For the hernia, my husband wanted the repair to be done without synthetic mesh, and Dr. Swan took time to listen to his concerns and found the one surgeon in Vancouver who knew how to do the surgery without endangering my husband with synthetic materials that could have caused serious problems. Again, my husband had an excellent outcome. We both consider Dr. Swan one of the best primary care physicians we have ever had. And yes, there is a wait if you don't get a morning appointment, but that's because Dr. Swan is thorough, answering all questions and concerns before finishing the visit. Believe me, he is worth the wait!!!

December 13th, 2016

June 22nd, 2015
Too much waiting time. More that 2 hours

January 4th, 2014
Dr. Swan is a brilliant diagnostician
I disagree with the person who said Dr. Swan talks a lot. Dr. Swan is perfect. He is a brilliant diagnostician. He is deliberate, thorough, and professional. I have never had to wait an hour. The clinic works hard to stay on schedule. I trust Dr. Swan completely and recommend without reservation!

August 29th, 2012
Great Dr. Very Thorough, professional, knowledgable.
Dr. Swan is very professional in his attitude and demeanor. He is always calm and collected. He remains somber but interested at all times. He does NOT talk too much but will answer all your questions and not rush. He has been my GP for over 15 years. He has cared for me through cancer, hypertension, and diabetes with great skill and I thoroughly trust his judgement.

March 31st, 2011
4th pt of the day and had to wait over an hour
Title says it all. Was informed by several staff he likes to talk alot and is always behind. Once in the room he is ok, very slow about what he is doing and talking. I don't think people should be pushed through like cattle, but obviously not concerned with time.

December 10th, 2010
I think that Dr. Swan is a geart doctor,he takes the appropriate amount of time, and is always very professional, as well as very thorough. I feel that I am lucky to have Dr. Swan for my primary care doctor. Whenever I have had a medical problem, he always knew exactly what to do about He has been my doctor for nearly Nine years.

December 10th, 2010