A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Swartz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Swartz
Depression Patient Education Visit our depression patient education guide to learn about mood disorder, medical conditions and symptoms of depression.Before Visiting Dr. Swartz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Swartz, MD is board certified in Family Medicine, Geriatric Psychiatry, and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Swartz graduated from The University of Texas at Houston.
Dr. Swartz has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John R Swartz MD is a male Family Practitioner, has 22 years of experience and practices in Family Medicine, Psychiatry, and Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. John R. Swartz practice?
- Dr. John Swartz has 4 office locations.
Dr. John Swartz practices Family Medicine, Psychiatry, and Geriatric Psychiatry near Chula Vista, CA.
See Chula Vista Primary Care Doctors and Chula Vista Psychiatrists.