A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Swartz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Swartz is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Swartz
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Swartz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Swartz, MD is board certified in Family Medicine, Geriatric Psychiatry, and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Swartz graduated from The University of Texas at Houston.
Dr. Swartz has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John R Swartz MD is a male Family Practitioner, has 23 years of experience and practices in Family Medicine, Psychiatry, and Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. John R. Swartz practice?
- Dr. John Swartz has 1 office location.
Dr. John Swartz practices Family Medicine, Psychiatry, and Geriatric Psychiatry near Chula Vista, CA.
See Chula Vista Family Physicians and Chula Vista Psychiatrists.