A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Tompkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Tompkins, Neurological Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Tompkins, MD, PA is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Back Injuries
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
Education & Awards
Dr. Tompkins graduated from Yale University, New Haven. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Tompkins has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
- Baylor Medical Center At Irving
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John R Tompkins MD and PA is a male Neurosurgeon, has 21 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John R. Tompkins practice?
- Dr. John Tompkins has 5 office locations.
Dr. John Tompkins practices Neurological Surgery near Plano, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Flower Mound, TX and Richardson, TX.
See Plano Surgeons.