inactive

John R Wright MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

September 28th, 2015
My many experiences with Dr. Wright has reflected a man of irreproachable integrity, expertise, perception, compassion, personality & ideals true to a dedicated physician. He is the gynecologist I would choose for my daughter or Mother. He has never failed to exercise all available resources to satisfy my medical needs over and beyond normal boundaries. Incredible person !

July 6th, 2015
Mrs
I absolutely love Dr. Wright! It was the best experience I've had in an OB office.. From start to finish of my appointment I just felt like he really listened and that I was in good hands.. He has the best personality and I'm glad I found the right doctor

December 13th, 2013
The first time I met him he was super nice, seemed very efficient but when I returned 2 days later he wanted me to abort immediately because of one comparative blood test, when I mentioned the ER Dr. Had said differently that I had time to make sure of my decsion. Dr. Wright immediatly turned rude, loud, assertive, just mean. Told me without even knowing the other dr. That he was ignorant and if I was going to question his diagnosis then he didn't have the time to waste "saving" my life at the ER over the weekend. Informed me he was doing me a favor by even seeing me. I was so upset I was shaking. I left and immediatly got in to see a different dr at a different practice. She was wonderful understanding and gave me her cell # in case I needed her over the weekend, she was on call. Thank God I left and found her.

September 22nd, 2011
Girl with a tie
The first time I met Dr Wright he walked in and said, "I am just a girl with a tie." He's likeable, personable and involved in your health...he's caring, kind, and honest. When I got pregnant on birth control, he apologized....: ) surely a likeable guy and a great bedside manner. He spends time with patients. He also did a great job delivering my baby girl. : )

September 2nd, 2011
Best OBGYN in Asheville
I have seen Dr Wright for 8 years now. He is very caring, compasionate, and wonderful doctor. He helped my husband and I with our fertility problems. He would always listen to us, and we never felt rushed during our appointments. He always has a comforting shoulder to cry on just when we needed it most. In 2007 I gave birth to my first child a son with the help of Dr Wright. The last 2 weeks of my pregnancy I started having complications with my blood pressure and had to deliver the baby early. I was disappointment that Dr Wright did not get to deliever my son, but God had other plans instead. My son made it through, and then the next day after my C-Section I began to have problems with blood pressure again leading me to have Pulmonary edema and Heart Failure. Dr Wright was on call that next day. I told him how much I wish he could have delievered my son, and replied that of all the babies he had delievered he wish he could have been there to deliever ours. Instead he commented that, because of your problems you were having the Lord put me here to take care of you instead. He commented that it worked out because he was my primary physician he knew my case better than any of the others. He did not know if anyone else would have been as agressive with my treatment not knowing my medical history. I now have given birth again to our second son with the help of Dr Wright. This time he was there to deliever him. My deliever went smooth with no complications this time. We are so blessed to have him as our doctor, and I would recommend him to everyone that I see.

April 6th, 2011
PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT SEE THIS DR IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR WANT TO BE PREGNANT!!!!!!
Dr. Wright was on-call the night my water broke. I was 23 weeks and had went into pre-term labor. When he called me back after having him paged I explained what happened. His exact words were "if you are not leaking any fluid take a benedrayl and go to bed, I see no reason for you to come to the hospital." I was worried and did not listen. My husband took me to Outpatient L&D. The nurse thought that my water had broke. Dr. Wright diagnosed me with a UTI and sent me home w/antibiotics. Five days later I had to deliever a stillborn who barely had any amniotic fluid. SO PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS DOCTOR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PREGNANCY!

March 25th, 2011
Top notch MD
He's is the best OBGYN doctor!!! I'm moving in a year but will be traveling back to Asheville to continue using him as my own personal doctor. He's the best.

March 24th, 2011
Great Physician!
If you are looking for a physician that partners with you in your health, this is the one. Dr. Wright spends a great deal of time not only listening, but explaining every aspect of your health or any type of procedure he might recommend. Too often, physicians stop listening after the first 2 minutes of your appointment or leave you with more questions than when you came in; however, this is not the case with Dr. Wright. This type of physician is a rare breed and I highly recommend him.

February 15th, 2011
Dr.Wright is always quite caring and personable.

January 18th, 2010
The picture is not the John R. Wright at the Asheville Women's Medical Center
Dr. Wright is very personal and caring.