Dr. John Raines MD Patient Reviews

3.8

March 26th, 2015
Worst office staff ever... Rude, inefficient and understaffed. Quality of care... Poor at best.

June 21st, 2013
Run
Unprofessional office staff for not returning phone calls related to sinus surgery, that would not be with Dr.Raines or this practice. The surgery is taking place in California and Raines nurse would not return the multiple messages I left for something UC needed ordered here so the results would be with UC when we arrive in Calif. How petty can one Doctor and his inexperienced staff really be. Just because I feel Raines is not good enough to do surgery on my teen, its his obligation to be helpful and work together with the Doctor of choice but not this old fart. He only sees the dollar signs when he Is seeing a patient and his lack of experience is noticeable as soon as he entered the exam room. He is basic without the talent to make it as a Doctor people would want to use.

April 24th, 2012
Barbara Dadam on Dr Raines & staff
My doctor recommended Dr Raines as I had a large lump under my ear that had been misdiagnosed for 30 years. Turned out to be a benign tumor in my saliva gland that had grown quite large and I was in total shock that I needed major surgery to have it removed.Dr Raines & staff quickly guided me through what was happening & even gave me an extra appt for my nervous questions before surgery, as I am 65 & never had major surgery. Dr Raines is calm & comforting but explained I needed the surgery in a manner that helped me not put it off for another 30 years.His follow up is personal, his staff is busy but always smiling and of course the best part is my hairdresser cannot find the very large scar...turns out he sews like a fine London tailor! I think the line would be down the street if he did facelifts. I felt a little moved back in time to when doctors & offices were not slick & stuffy but professional & friendly

February 16th, 2012
Horrible Experience, Disappointing Results!
Dr. Raines damaged the structure of my nose during surgery and dealing with him after the fact has been nothing but insulting and unsatisfactory. I am now getting routine injections to try and reshape my nose back to its original appearance. I would not recommend him to anyone.

September 16th, 2010
Absolutely the best!!
When my extraordinary oral surgeon (who had extracted a wisdom tooth a few years earlier) diagnosed me with a new condition and recommended to me his own surgeon, Dr. John Raines, I knew I would be in phenomenal hands. Was I ever right.Dr. Raines is one of the best doctors/surgeons in the state of Arizona. Of course, I was slightly nervous when I went to his Phoenix office for laser throat surgery but Dr. Raines talked me through the procedure. He is exceptionally compassionate. He is very down-to-earth and does not seem to have the "exaggerated ego" of so many MD's. I was very fortunate that my diagnosis turned out to be "benign lymphoid polyp of the tonsil." It could have been a whole different story. I am so grateful to God and to Dr. John Raines! You will not be disappointed in this exceptional man. Thank you.

March 29th, 2009
Not getting the straight scoop from the dr.
Our daughter has had 3 tympanoplasty surgeries to repair perforated ear drums. We were told by the dr. that one ear was repaired and perfect. But our pediatrician told us that there is a huge hole in that ear still. And our daughter keeps failing her hearing tests at school and this dr. keeps telling us it must be a blah-blah-blah kind of test, NOT the one he uses. He tell us when our daughter gets a hearing test in his office that she hears near to perfect. Our pediatrician has recommended that we find a new ENT and start over fresh. We're thinking of doing that. This has been going on for over 4 years....and we feel that the dr. isn't being honest with us....not a good feeling. Appointments are very brisk as we usually get the bum's rush and aren't given adequate time to ask questions or voice concerns. We're seeing red flags.