Orthopaedic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon, Hand Surgeon
Video profile

Excellent Doctor - Highly Recommend! show details Excellent Doctor - Highly Recommend!
by Mike G. on Feb 23rd, 2015

Dr. Rayhack is an excellent hand doctor/surgeon who I would highly recommend to anyone with a hand/wrist injury. I was in an accident in October and shattered 2 of the fingers on my right hand. Dr. Rayhack did a fantastic job of resetting and fixing them. Very minimal wait times in the office and a very friendly staff. Jennifer, the occupational therapis, is very professional and courteous and helped me out every step of the way. Would highly recommend!!

Excellent Physician show details Excellent Physician
Feb 17th, 2015

Dr. Rayhack is exceptional he really took his time and thoroughly explained my problem and explained all of my treatment options everything from conservative measures such as splinting to surgical intervention. I felt very comfortable explaining my issue he was very professional, competent, and personable.

Feb 7th, 2015

Have had right and left carpal tunnel releases, digital nerve repair and trigger thumb surgeries. I have had great results, and Dr. Rayhack is a wonderful surgeon. He takes time, and he is compassionate and patient during the decision making process.

Four stars show details Four stars
by Lauren Stewart on Sep 10th, 2013

I saw a doctor at USF because I was experiencing severe and consistent pain in my right wrist. He gave me a brace, told me to ice it and sent me on my way. After about three months of following his instructions, there was no improvement in my wrist, so I went back to the same guy. This time he prescribed an anti-inflammatory, told me to continue to ice it and sent me on my way. Another couple of months passed with no improvement so I went to see Dr. Rayhack (another doctor of mine recommended him). During my first visit with Dr. Rayhack, just by moving my wrist around and listening to me describe the pain, he determined I had a triangular fibrocartilage tear. This diagnosis was confirmed after some testing was done at Bayview Radiology by Dr. Cousin (another GREAT doctor and facility). Just about a month ago, Dr. Rayhack performed arthroscopic surgery to repair the tear and looking at my wrist right now, you can barely even tell anything was done to it. Awesome doctor who cares about his patients and who knows his stuff.

Surgery skills are what is important show details Surgery skills are what is important
by Deb Carr on Jul 6th, 2013

The best wrist guy in the country. Results are what matters the staff might push you a bit in rehab that gets good results. I have his plate in me and have been very happy with the long term results.

Oct 15th, 2012

Dr. Rayhack does not like having workers comp. claim patients even though he takes their appointments, he is not a very friendly doctor when one on one in his office and out of earshot of others but when in the hospital for surgery is very outgoing. He may be a good doctor but needs to learn how to accept that people are different but their being different does not make them inferior to him.

One of the best Drs ever! show details One of the best Drs ever!
Jun 19th, 2012

Bad wrist damage from RSI and auto accident. Saw Dr Rayhack- best there is in knowledge, care and friendliness. Staff the same.tbtampa, fl

DanPrez show details DanPrez
May 2nd, 2012

Dr. Rayhack was very friendly and knowledgeable. During surgery he complied with my wishes eg I was not sedated and was aware of what was going on. He was explaining the surgery as he was doing the procedure. The staff in OR was very friendly and accommodating. He is one of the few if any doc that gives you his cell and home number in case you need him, that is rare today.I would highly recommend him. He gets 5 stars by my standard.

My hand surgery show details My hand surgery
Mar 11th, 2012

Dr. Rayhack is extremely knowledgeable, caring and detail oriented. I highly recommend him! I have visited 3 other hand surgeons with my condition before him and found Dr. Rayhack to be the most knowledgeable and straightforward. Dr. Rayhack performed a surgery on my left hand in October 2011. He had to do a bone graft in my hand so he took bone from my wrist and hip. He explained the details of my diagnosis and the surgery, often drawing pictures and writing notes for me to take home. What I love the most about Dr. Rayhack is that he has a lot of experience and can diagnose you accurately. The other hand surgeons I saw would say that my condition is likely option 1, or option 2, or option 3. Dr. Rayhack, based on his years of experience, was not afraid to say that my condition is option 1 and gave me specific reasons why it couldnt be option 2 or 3 that I never heard from the other doctors. I was also impressed by the fact that Dr. Rayhack does x-rays in his office by himself! Also, when you have an appointment with Dr. Rayhack you actually spend all the time with him, not like in some clinics where you are first seen by the physicians assistant and then by the actual doctor. Dr. Rayhack has excellent bedside manners; he will spend as much time as you need to make sure you understand everything. His office, conveniently, also employs a physical therapist, Joy, who is wonderful. I did physical therapy after my surgery and it really sped up my recovery!

unhappy show details unhappy
Jun 23rd, 2011

He like Therapy regardless of the needs.

by Anonymous on Aug 16th, 2010

The doctor was very thorough in explaining what may be wrong with my writs. He gave me different options for treatments. He referred me to one of the best MRI facilities. He seemed to be caring compare to other specialists I have seen. The wait however was more than 2 hours and I ended up spending almost 4 hours at the office for a visit that should have taken no more than an hour.