Dr. John Reeves MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

November 22nd, 2016
Very helpful and kind prior to after surgery, highly recommend!

June 27th, 2015
A friend of mine was suppose to have an appointment to see you but seen your associate. He came in the room with an attitude. Would not answer questions and when he did he was a smart butt. I have seen you as a patient my fathers has I took care of your patients and highly recommend you. Your associate is gonna ruin your reputation with his behavior. THANKS

May 6th, 2015
Dr. Reeves did surgery on my mother's back in 2010 and again in 2014. Each time he and his staff were very caring and explained everything. The relief my mother had after both surgeries was wonderful to see. We could not have had better care anywhere! People that think they need to go to DFW are ignorant and all they are getting is a long painful car ride. Everyone has different results and sometimes it is what happens after the surgery that can change the outcome and the satisfaction.

August 8th, 2014
Avoid this BUTCHER
He's alright in the beginning before he gets your money. After surgery he came and saw me once during recovery, looked at my scar and left. Never saw him after that until my follow-up appt, which I told him I was starting to have pain again, he gave me some meds and told me to see him in 2 mo. At that appt had an X-Ray and was told my graft had "shifted" but he didn't seem too concerned to do anything about it. After I spoke with him one more time about having recurrence of extreme pain that put me in the hospital, he said there was nothing he could do for me. Funny, I find another neurosurgeon that says he just butchered me and that there is plenty that can be done to fix his mistake. AVOID this Dr. at all cost. He already has multiple lawsuits against him, I will likely be adding another!

January 29th, 2014
Honest, details information and a good listender..patient doctor.
Dr. Reeves explained in detail about my neck and back. He was patient with my complaints and listened with interest. His staff was speedy. I have no complaints and would go to him again if it was necessary which I doubt. I recommend him over anyone I presently know.

September 14th, 2013
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....it's a duck!!!
As a former patient of Dr. Reeves, (20 yrs.), he had previously performed 4 different surgeries on me! Again, I find myself in dire straits suffering in excruiating pain in the exact area that he has operated on twice; once in '05 & again in '11! Having recently seen him I was astounded at his indifferent attitude, lack of demeanor, emplathy & better than thou opinion of himself! After being told that he would need to "study/research" my current condition; I decided to do some "study & research" on my own! I now have a real knowledgable/educated Neurosurgeon out of this area. I would not recommend him to be worthy of taking care of an animal!!! If you need an excellent Neurosurgeon, I suggest you do your own research in the D/FW area & you will find many!!!

August 13th, 2013
I rated him a 1 star. However, he dosen't deserve that. he performed surgery on my back about 5 years ago at Ochsner Hospital. That was the worst experience in my life. I still suffer because of his neglect. I had to have 2 surgeries in 1 week because he put the screw on my nerve leaving me with a handicap Leg and foot. Not only that after performing my surgery, he left the hospital, I was left without a follow up doctor. A lot to be said about beside manners. They did not care about me, I hope whoever reads this thinks before allowing him to perform your surgery.

July 31st, 2012
very nice tell you get surgery.
He sucks didn't Fix my back right Then makes you feel like a drug head because Your still hurting not a good Dr at all. Will more then likely see him in court. And his nurse is a true b.

January 4th, 2012
Fixed everything! Feel wonderful
Dr. Reeves and his staff did a great job with my degenerative disc surgery. He did a great job with followup as well. Very courteous and thorough. I got my life back and feel great. I will refer anyone to his office for the same issues.

July 31st, 2011
I've had 3 surgeries by Dr Reeves and if I need another onehe will be doing it also.

November 11th, 2009
I had a bad experience. He could not fix me.

November 4th, 2009
He's a knife-happy quack! Got sued for over a million bucks just a few years ago!