Dr. John Ricci MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 8 reviews

June 29th, 2016
Don't bother!
John Ricci knows little to nothing about thyroid or adrenals which go hand in hand with bio-identical hormone replacement. He is not worth the money he gets for what he delivers. Yes, he is a family practitioner which means he specializes in nothing. He has no business commanding the high prices a specialist commands. Stay away if you are looking for bio-identical hormone replacement. You will be disappointed and poorer.

April 18th, 2016
This is a cookie cutter operation. If you need specialized help, forget it. He's not going to work up a sweat to help you. Testing out the wazoo without regard for expense and no attention to detail. I was taking a supplement which was lacking a necessary ingredient for 3 months. They knew it and never informed me until I asked about it. As well, I had to come up with possible causes for my symptoms and suggest them to him to get a 'could be' from him. He's a primary care physician who has jumped on the bio identical hormone replacement gravy train as far as I'm concerned. Don't waste your money or your time. But, lots of luck finding the real deal in this area. Most of them out there don't know their stuff just how to collect their fees!

September 22nd, 2014
Updated experience since my June visit
While one of my first experiences with the office was challenging (see my husband's evaluation below) since that time everything has been fabulous. Dr. Ricci is compassionate, funny and knowledgeable. I feel very comfortable with his care and really appreciate that he listens to my issues and concerns. Jessica ,his assistant, is always pleasant and efficient. I don't know everyone's name in the office but all are professional and pleasant. I would and do recommend Dr. Ricco to friends and family.

June 7th, 2013
Please stay away
Just an honest opinion of Dr. Ricci. Please stay as far away possible from this "doctor." It was apparant after a couple of visits what hos true intentions were. He is a uncompassionate, arrogant man who does not genuinely care about his patients. He even had to "google" certain medical conditions that I had questions about. Please, please do not waste your time with this man and look at other options.

February 28th, 2012
Feeling sorry for his having had to move his office
He told me that whenever I have a problem to immediately come see him. Well today, I wanted to drop by for five minutes. No such luck. Could not leave him a message directly; tried punching in his last name into directory, even his first name, no such luck. Had to dial 6 to speak to someone immediately. Raspy old grumpy lady answers (probably smokes). Answers me a merciless, severe "no". Tells me my only chance at seeing him was over a week from today; my whole point is to diagnose recurring symptoms which will be long gone by the time of the appointment. Not even a way to email or facebook him. I guess fax is my only hope; and not everybody has their own personal fax machine. I received infinitely more courteous service at his old office. Wonderful doctor though!

June 15th, 2011
Go elsewhere!
No real medicine here, just a group of Chiros masquerading as "doctors" - they'll lead you to believe they can help, lie about insurance, and just waste your time. Think twice, go elsewhere!

April 27th, 2010
Wonderful doctor!!!
Dr. Ricci has taken care of my family, providing excellent care to all of us. I'm always amazed at the breadth of his knowledge. He spends a great deal of time with his patients, talking not only about specific medical issues but also about your family and life in general. He has successfully seen me through many serious medical issues and continues to provide the high level of care needed to allow me to live my life.

January 11th, 2010
Avoid this practice like the plague!
I consulted this doctor about a problem with hypertension. While he was civel enough during the initial consult, the next appointment was a nightmare! When I walked into the office, nobody even said hello to me. After about 15 minutes, a snotty young girl approached me and said: "Some paperwork for you". Some? A book! When I mentioned the excessive paperwork to the assistant, she snapped: "We don't allow patients to take it home. How stupid! Most people would not have the details with them. After spending over 30 minutes, completing about 11 pages of paperwork, I wait another half hour. Finally, the snotty assistant approached me with a BP monitor and asked if she could take my blood pressure in the waiting room. Is she crazy? This is a blatant violation of HIPPA not to mention indiscreet. That did it for me. I finally walked out. Nobody even cared enough to call me to find out why. I blame the doctor for allowing such unprofessional conduct on the part of his staff. Unless you like discourteous treatment, stay away form this practice!