Surgical Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feel So Fortunate to be a patient of Dr. Ridge show details Feel So Fortunate to be a patient of Dr. Ridge
by Caroline Centoram on Sep 9th, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Ridge since 2008 when I was diagnosed with stage 4 oral cancer. Today, I am almost 96 years old. Dr. Ridge was a GOD sent to me and I am grateful. He is an excellent surgeon, caring and sensitive toward the needs of his patients, and has always made sure that I received the best care. I have the utmost confidence in his professional expertise and skill. Albeit, he can be tough on me when I need him to be. I highly recommend Dr. Ridge and his staff at Fox Chase.

Jun 30th, 2016

does he really care or is he doing just a job?

May 17th, 2016

My experience with Dr. Ridge at Fox Chase has been excellent. My questions have been answered, and my concerns addressed. He and his staff have been caring, kind, and attentive. I would highly recommend Dr. Ridge.

by Celeste Gorski on Mar 30th, 2016

Dr. Ridge is a highly talented surgeon. He is caring and sensitive toward his patients' needs, and always makes sure that they are receiving the best care. Dr. Ridge has performed three surgeries on me since 2006, and I would not trust my life to any other surgeon. He is the best and designs a regimen that is specific for each patient. He is a brilliant man and I feel truly confident in having him as my doctor.

Nationally Recognized Head and Neck Cancer Surgeon show details Nationally Recognized Head and Neck Cancer Surgeon
by James Gorecki on Dec 19th, 2015

Current patient. I was referred to Dr. Ridge by the one of the most respected oral surgeons in Bucks County. Dr. Ridge and his team of surgeons, physician assistants and nurses are a caring, cohesive team who will provide you with world class cancer care. Dr. Ridge is a highly competitive surgeon who is on a crusade to cure and fight the enemy known as cancer. My treatments included complex surgery with tissue transplantation and a bone graft. Dr. Ridge listened carefully to my concerns and questions. He explained the treatments in a language that I could understand. Every step of the process happened in exactly the manner he described at the beginning of the process. The ICU Team trained me to regain my speech, swallowing and walking functions each day before I was discharged. I was assigned a nutrition program, physical therapists and at home nursing. Nothing was haphazard. I am grateful for a second chance.

by Susan Patrone on Oct 12th, 2015

Dr. Ridge was very thorough and explained everything to me in detail so I could better understand my illness, since I am not in the medical field. After my examination and after speaking with Dr. Ridge I was able to make an informed decision regarding the next step in my treatment.

Aug 26th, 2015

He's the best. He can be a little tough, but he really cares about his patients.

Mar 19th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Ridge's for the last 5 years and he shows me the highest level of respect & courtesy. I know that he has my best health interests in mind when he evaluates my situation. I have complete confidence and trust in his professional expertise and skill. During my recent surgery he did not miss a detail before, during or after with my follow up appt. I am now doing great with my recovery.

patient show details patient
by Linda P. on Nov 29th, 2014

Since my initial diagnosis in 2010 Dr. Ridge has been with me every step of the way. He took excellent care of me from my first visit and continues to give me excellent care to this day. I trust him implicitly. He is extremely gifted, intelligent and a perfectionist. He cares deeply. Dr. Ridge requested that I follow his advice, even though it meant a hardship traveling over an hour daily. He said "I want to see you in the hallways". When I did see him he made a point to stop and chat and ask how I felt. Usually, in my experience, a doctor doesn't ask about your health unless you are at an appointment with him. Dr. Ridge was always available to me. He never took my issues lightly and saw me immediately if I had a need. I have recommended him to others who are fighting this horrible disease. I respect Dr. Ridge and I am very fond of him.

Electrical Engineer show details Electrical Engineer
by Alvin F. Hunsberger Sr. on Jul 8th, 2014

Dr. John Ridge is one of the "BEST" doctors I have ever had to take care of my cancer. With his directions to all of his staff, "ALL" of my cancer is gone.If you have head or neck cancer do not go to any one else. Dr. Ridge is the best.

Jun 11th, 2013

Dr John Ridge, my head and neck surgeon at Fox Chase Cancer Center, saved my life. He operated on my metastatic cancer and I have been cancer free for 10 years now. The statistics for my type of cancer indicated that not many survive past five years. I was fortunate to find Dr. Ridge. Before finding Dr. Ridge, I did not even know that there was a specialist for just head and neck cancer surgery. We were lucky to find Dr. Ridge who is a physician/surgeon that focuses just upon this type of surgery and who has successfully treated so many people with my type of cancer. It was well worth the drive into Philadelphia. I have followed up with Dr. Ridge for several years now. He is a quiet person of few words. His skill as a surgeon however spoke in volumes. Fox Chase Cancer Center is a wonderful hospital. Everyone there from the receptionists to the Chief of Head and Neck Surgery is committed to helping the patients. They treated me and my family with great compassion and caring. I recommend Dr. Ridge and Fox Chase Cancer Center very highly.

by John Boggs on Apr 24th, 2013

If anyone is looking for a doctor that is dedicated to his profession it is doctor Ridge. I had throat cancer and was sure that my life as I knew it was over.Doctor Ridge had the ability to replace my fear with confidence that I was going to survive. NOT only did I survive I am totally cured and thriving. tTHANK YOU Dr. Ridge

Jan 30th, 2013

He's wonderful, and worth any wait!

A Physican well qualified, Skilled, and caring - Look No Further! show details A Physican well qualified, Skilled, and caring - Look No Further!
May 9th, 2012

Look for further - this Doctor was a present! After reading one of the reviews in this column It had me doubting that but thank God for better judgment and Gut.....I went ahead with Dr John Ridge - My Surgery was successful - Dr Ridge was not only kind, he was caring and empathetic, he listened as I shared my Fears, both silly and real. i said "Please tell me ill come out of this operation alive" he chuckled and said "Thhis question you ask, youll be talking about for years to come, of course youll be okay"....See it was in his "chuckle", mostly, then his words that i KNEW i was in good hands - this Dr is very qualified, skilled and playful - he even joked with me before surgery (taking my mind off of it)- not only was my surgery successful it was not long had no complications and the scar is quite small and hidden - not bad at all for a whole thyroid removal - I give Dr John Ridge an A Plus - SO ALL YOU WOMEN out there,come on down....please ignore the review that had my doubts going - he is a wonderful physicain that will be as honest as you ask and as compassionate as you show - To me, its been a gift and a wonderful decision. Thank you Dr John Ridge and God Blessed You for helping people like me. Amen

Excellent doctor! show details Excellent doctor!
Nov 28th, 2011

To the women who posted negative: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent! This man knows what he is doing and what he is talking about. He saved my life and I will be forever grateful!

Dr Ridge is the best for head/neck cancer show details Dr Ridge is the best for head/neck cancer
Apr 16th, 2011

"Drew" Ridge, MD, PhD, FACS, chief of head and neck surgery at Fox Chase Cancer Center is the best in the field of surgical oncology for head/neck cancer. His experience, expertise and commitment are second to none.Look up his long list of credentials and you will agree that he is the Dean of head/neck cancer at FCCC. View his video at www.FCCC.edu. He was the President of the American Head and Neck Society. His commitment to delivering the best care for me is the reason why I trust him 100%. His take charge attitude is exactly what I needed, considering I knew nothing about my disease. I do not mind waiting 30-40 minutes to see him because there are many people needing him and he wil spend as much time with you as you need, answering all of your questions. He is the one to see if you have head/heck cancer.

Apr 3rd, 2011

I had the same experience as the previouswoman who commented on Dr. Ridge. He treats women much differently than he does men.

He Saved My Life show details He Saved My Life
by john skater on Nov 26th, 2009

I had a cancer that had spread to my lymph nodes. Dr. Ridge explained everything to me and had me meet all members of his team.I had to wait for more than half an hour for my first appointment, but it was worth it.I learned what to expect, how to beat the cancer, how to take charge of my health, and what to expect during and after the surgery. It was upsetting at first to hear about the possible complications and that my cancer was advanced, but in the long-run it paid off.Dr. Ridge really cares, and got me through the treatment and recovery, so that I'm getting back to a normal life.

Stay Away From THis Cancer Doctor show details Stay Away From THis Cancer Doctor
by Mrs. H. Hopewell on Sep 21st, 2009

John Ridge====rude,condescending,arrogant,harried,egotisticdoes not offer options or hope to patients.stay away from like the swine flu