Overall Review

September 9th, 2016
Feel So Fortunate to be a patient of Dr. Ridge
I have been a patient of Dr. Ridge since 2008 when I was diagnosed with stage 4 oral cancer. Today, I am almost 96 years old. Dr. Ridge was a GOD sent to me and I am grateful. He is an excellent surgeon, caring and sensitive toward the needs of his patients, and has always made sure that I received the best care. I have the utmost confidence in his professional expertise and skill. Albeit, he can be tough on me when I need him to be. I highly recommend Dr. Ridge and his staff at Fox Chase.

June 30th, 2016
does he really care or is he doing just a job?

May 17th, 2016
My experience with Dr. Ridge at Fox Chase has been excellent. My questions have been answered, and my concerns addressed. He and his staff have been caring, kind, and attentive. I would highly recommend Dr. Ridge.

March 30th, 2016
Dr. Ridge is a highly talented surgeon. He is caring and sensitive toward his patients' needs, and always makes sure that they are receiving the best care. Dr. Ridge has performed three surgeries on me since 2006, and I would not trust my life to any other surgeon. He is the best and designs a regimen that is specific for each patient. He is a brilliant man and I feel truly confident in having him as my doctor.

December 19th, 2015
Nationally Recognized Head and Neck Cancer Surgeon
Current patient. I was referred to Dr. Ridge by the one of the most respected oral surgeons in Bucks County. Dr. Ridge and his team of surgeons, physician assistants and nurses are a caring, cohesive team who will provide you with world class cancer care. Dr. Ridge is a highly competitive surgeon who is on a crusade to cure and fight the enemy known as cancer. My treatments included complex surgery with tissue transplantation and a bone graft. Dr. Ridge listened carefully to my concerns and questions. He explained the treatments in a language that I could understand. Every step of the process happened in exactly the manner he described at the beginning of the process. The ICU Team trained me to regain my speech, swallowing and walking functions each day before I was discharged. I was assigned a nutrition program, physical therapists and at home nursing. Nothing was haphazard. I am grateful for a second chance.

October 12th, 2015
Dr. Ridge was very thorough and explained everything to me in detail so I could better understand my illness, since I am not in the medical field. After my examination and after speaking with Dr. Ridge I was able to make an informed decision regarding the next step in my treatment.

August 26th, 2015
He's the best. He can be a little tough, but he really cares about his patients.

March 19th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr Ridge's for the last 5 years and he shows me the highest level of respect & courtesy. I know that he has my best health interests in mind when he evaluates my situation. I have complete confidence and trust in his professional expertise and skill. During my recent surgery he did not miss a detail before, during or after with my follow up appt. I am now doing great with my recovery.

November 29th, 2014
patient
Since my initial diagnosis in 2010 Dr. Ridge has been with me every step of the way. He took excellent care of me from my first visit and continues to give me excellent care to this day. I trust him implicitly. He is extremely gifted, intelligent and a perfectionist. He cares deeply. Dr. Ridge requested that I follow his advice, even though it meant a hardship traveling over an hour daily. He said "I want to see you in the hallways". When I did see him he made a point to stop and chat and ask how I felt. Usually, in my experience, a doctor doesn't ask about your health unless you are at an appointment with him. Dr. Ridge was always available to me. He never took my issues lightly and saw me immediately if I had a need. I have recommended him to others who are fighting this horrible disease. I respect Dr. Ridge and I am very fond of him.

July 8th, 2014
Electrical Engineer
Dr. John Ridge is one of the "BEST" doctors I have ever had to take care of my cancer. With his directions to all of his staff, "ALL" of my cancer is gone.If you have head or neck cancer do not go to any one else. Dr. Ridge is the best.

June 11th, 2013
Dr John Ridge, my head and neck surgeon at Fox Chase Cancer Center, saved my life. He operated on my metastatic cancer and I have been cancer free for 10 years now. The statistics for my type of cancer indicated that not many survive past five years. I was fortunate to find Dr. Ridge. Before finding Dr. Ridge, I did not even know that there was a specialist for just head and neck cancer surgery. We were lucky to find Dr. Ridge who is a physician/surgeon that focuses just upon this type of surgery and who has successfully treated so many people with my type of cancer. It was well worth the drive into Philadelphia. I have followed up with Dr. Ridge for several years now. He is a quiet person of few words. His skill as a surgeon however spoke in volumes. Fox Chase Cancer Center is a wonderful hospital. Everyone there from the receptionists to the Chief of Head and Neck Surgery is committed to helping the patients. They treated me and my family with great compassion and caring. I recommend Dr. Ridge and Fox Chase Cancer Center very highly.

April 24th, 2013
If anyone is looking for a doctor that is dedicated to his profession it is doctor Ridge. I had throat cancer and was sure that my life as I knew it was over.Doctor Ridge had the ability to replace my fear with confidence that I was going to survive. NOT only did I survive I am totally cured and thriving. tTHANK YOU Dr. Ridge