Dr. John Rinehart MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 30th, 2015
PLEASE, don't waste your time like we did.
I am heartbroken. I wish that I would have read these reviews prior to seeing Dr. Rinehart. My husband and I have been trying for 4.5 years to have a baby. Test after test is performed, we're told the nurse will give us instructions. After blurting everything out in two minutes, we get a piece of paper with shorthand instructions that I'm suppose to remember. I wasn't even given a diagnosis. I was just told that there were a couple of minor factors, and then I would be given medication. One of them made me absolutely sick, and I stopped taking it at their direction after only 4 days. My husband and I left our last appointment with him after he told us he anticipated we would be pregnant within 3 months. A woman longing to have a baby should NEVER be given a time frame like that. After my third round of clomid, of course IUI is the obvious next suggestion. No second trial of medication. They didn't even ask us to schedule another appointment with the Dr. Just, IUI -- which the front desk staff made sure I knew it was $1800.00. I feel lost. I feel like seeing Dr. Rinehart has been a waste of time. It doesn't appear that all patient's have had the same experience that I have. I'm not sure why. I'm already set to see another doctor and have to worry about having my records sent over. With everything that has happened so far, I very much doubt this part of the process will be nothing more than difficult.

October 11th, 2015
Dr. Rinehart and his staff are wonderful. They are very caring, understanding, helpful and professional. We always knew exactly what to expect along every step of the way. Dr. Rinehart provided care that met our individual needs and circumstances, and this led to the outcome we were hoping for. We now have a beautiful two year old boy and would highly recommend Dr. Rinehart to anyone who is experiencing fertility issues.

October 2nd, 2015
A great experience
The doctors, nurses, and staff at Reproductive Medicine Institute always treated us with respect, dignity, and kindness. As a couple, we always felt at home visiting the office. Dr. Rinehart has a very calming way about him and it made a big difference in a time that is full of fear and doubt. He had the perfect balance of kindness, honesty, bedside manner, and clinical expertise that won our trust almost immediately. Whenever we hit a road block he was eager to make changes and try the next thing, so as not to waste time and money. I really appreciated his sensitive candor with us when all signs were pointing towards IVF. I became pregnant with twins after our first fresh cycle and they are about to turn 3 years old. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Rinehart, nurse Tracy, and all the rest of the support staff for, at long last, helping us bring home our babies.

October 1st, 2015
Great for PCOSers
I picked Dr Rinehart based off of my infertility diagnosis and papers he has written regarding it. I have not been disappointed, I was impressed after my initial consult in which he took time to explain my infertility further, along with potential outcomes, risks and benefits of each treatment option. It has been an emotional journey as my ovaries make their own rules, but Dr Rinehart, his nurses and office staff have been very profession, kind, caring, compassionate and always take time to answer mine or my husbands questions. I highly recommend him to my fellow PCOSers

December 30th, 2013
Exceptional
Dr. Rinehart is one of the best physicians in reproductive medicine in the Midwest region. He takes the time to explain what his best plan is for his patient and is success rates are remarkable.

September 11th, 2013
patient
Excellent staff. Amazing physician who was up to date with his medical knowledge. I really never have to wait on my appointments in the waiting room. Had a variety of hours open to accommodate my work schedule. Will definitely refer him to anyone seeking fertility treatment .

August 1st, 2013
I have been a patient of Dr Rineharts for over a year now. Yes he does not sugar coat things for you, but tells you the honest truth. He is extremely knowledgable. The nurses are amazing. They held me hand through the whole process and made sure i was ok along the way. They always spent few extra minutes to talk to me and actually het to know me as a person. I never felt like a number at this clinic. The staf always knew right away who i was when i called. Front desk went above and beyond to try to work with my schedule. I would highly recommend Dr Rinehart and his staff, i would never go anywhere else.

February 21st, 2012
Gets The Job Done
I wanted to leave a review for Dr.John Rinehart as I saw plenty of bad reviews which I didn't think were fair. I've had the opportunity to go through IVF with two different facilities. FCI the first time which was successful and then when they changed insurance, I had to find someone else - Dr. John Rinehart. He was not like my previous doctor at FCI, he didn't hold my hand and sugar coat things. But at the same time he was honest and candid with all my questions and unlike FCI you actually see your doctor almost everytime you go to the office. He is available to you. As my OB put it, he isn't a schmoozer, but he gets the job done. His goal is to get your pregnant, not like some nightmare clinics, and if possible the first time. Now I know everybody's situation is different, but my first attempt at FCI got me pregnant with a singleton and my 1st attempt with Dr. Rinehart got me pregnant with twins. So there you go. Don't be put off by his straight shooter personality. He is successful at what he does and has the numbers to back it up.

November 14th, 2011
You literally got 3 minutes with the doctor!The billing staff is very unprofessional (CAROLINE) and medical staff make lot of mistakes.

July 26th, 2011
Amazing!
Amazing doctor and staff!!! First, he is brilliant, medically speaking. Tries more than one approach rather than doing the same protocols over and over. Knows all about ongoing research, current studies and different methodologies. He is a busy guy but I never felt ignored and always was able to see the doctor when needed. He was present at every appointment and always took the time to answer my questions. Not once was I directed to their website in lieu of an answer. The nurses are phenomenal and highly experienced in this particular field. They were there for me during the ups and the downs. My chances for getting pregnant were very slim - less than 5 percent. Many doctors would not even want me as a patient because they do not want to skew their success statistics. This was NEVER an issue at this office. We kept trying and trying and it all paid off for me. Highly recommend Dr. Rinehart. Would follow him and his advice if you are serious about having a baby.

February 3rd, 2011
HORRRRRRIBLE
The first time I went I met the dr. he talked for 10 mins and charged tons of money. They constantly have me take test that I feel are for no reason. They are money hungry. They even charged me for my records as if they dont take enough $$.. still waiting for them. The nurses think they are G-ds gift to earth. after i had the hsg I wanted to talk with dr. they said he was busy but when I passed his office, saw him playing solitare. Currently looking for new Dr. near me. I am scared to drive on highways =/ I hate this place and they make you feel dumb asking questions. Any suggestions for a good dr in the nw suburbs?

December 10th, 2010
Evanston Office
In a clinic that specializes in something so sensitive as fertility, you would hope that the staff and physician would be more caring. This is not the case with this staff. The clinical and clerical staff are very short with patients. Getting answers to any question is impossible and when posed to Dr. Rhinehart himself you practically get reprimanded for asking. The only exception to this is the embryology staff. They are friendly, sensitive and full of helpful information!