A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Rizzo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Rizzo is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Rizzo, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Rizzo graduated from Albany Medical College. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Rizzo has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Winthrop University Hospital
- North Shore Univ Hosp At Glen Cove
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rizzo accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan