A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Rizzo is Excellent. Dr. Rizzo has been reviewed by 5 patients who have provided 2 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Rizzo, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage and Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery Cholecystectomy.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Rizzo graduated from Albany Medical College. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Rizzo has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Winthrop University Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital at Glen Cove
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rizzo accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 22 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. John Rizzo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John Rizzo practice?
Dr. John Rizzo practices Gastroenterology near New Hyde Park, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Glen Cove, NY.
See New Hyde Park Gastroenterologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Van Rizzo, Dr. Deshawn Rizzo, Dr. Jan Rizzo, Dr. Hank Rizzo, Dr. Shayne Rizzo, Dr. Shane Rizzo, Dr. Jackie Rizzo, Dr. Giovanni Rizzo