Dr. John Robertson MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 14th, 2017
Gallbladder Removal
I am a 59 year old male with no history of digestive problems. Last year I had one severe gall bladder attack, followed by occasional dull upper abdominal and back pain over a period of six months. I was diagnosed with a 2.9 cm gallstone. I was referred to Dr. Robertson by both my primary care and gastroenterologist physicians. Both my gastro physician and Dr. Robertson recommended gall bladder removal, rather than taking a wait-and-see approach when I described the severe attack that I had. It was very easy to make an appointment and I was able to be seen within a few days. The office staff was very pleasant and efficient. I did not wait long in the office or in the exam room. Dr. Robertson is very friendly and thoroughly explained my condition, answered all my questions. He explained all the treatment options and his recommendation for removal. I elected to have Dr. Robertson perform the surgery the next week. Dr. Robertson and his surgical staff at Florida Hospital were are exceptionally competent, and worked well together. I felt I was in good hands. The laparoscopic surgery went as planned and took about 40 minutes. My recovery went as had been explained to me, with several days of minor abdominal discomfort, and also shoulder pain while standing, due to the CO2 used during surgery. I was feeling much better at my one week follow-up visit, and completely back to normal after 5 or 6 weeks. It has been 6 months now since I had the surgery and I feel good and completely normal. There is no more abdominal or back pain. I am able to eat and drink anything and don’t notice that I no longer have a gall bladder. I had a six month check up with my primary care doctor and all my blood tests including cholesterol remain normal. Dr. Robertson is at the top of his game and I highly recommend him.

January 8th, 2016
ROCKSTAR Dr.
He is a medical ROCKSTAR! Unlike any Dr you will meet. Very professional yet a bedside manner and personality that is calming to the patient. Wish I did not have to see him but the entire process was 1st class.

December 8th, 2015
Absolutley Great
Great doctor and surgeon, he fixed my hiatal hernia and did the Toupet Fundoplication to stop my acid reflux. Yes, this was the last resort and I'm glad I chose him to do it.

April 4th, 2015
Gall bladder removal
Doctor Robertson is the best kindness doctor. He did my gall bladder removal and it only lasted 30 mins. He is quick and easy and don't like his patients to be medicated to long.. If ur looking for a good surgeon u won't go wrong with Dr Robertson..

March 7th, 2015
patient
Dr. Robertson is absolutely a phenomenal doctor. He's a very kind and awesome gentleman.

January 3rd, 2014
colon surgery
Excellent doctor. Very pleased with his performance and follow through

May 2nd, 2017