Dr. John Rothrock MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 4th, 2015
King
I am an ex patient. I would go so far as to say Dr R will go the full distance to give you a life back. He did for me. For many years. Because I don't know, I can't say that, anymore. Did leave me in a bind. But some of you whiners...you guys keep it up. You make me laugh. I assure you it won't bother/sadly it might/ so nm...Dr R. As far as it goes, he put me through ringer and pushed the limits as far as he knew how to help! Until he vanished. I understand he does this. Otherwise, he is the King of neurology/pain management!

October 8th, 2015
Disapointed
Dr. Rothrock was my dr for ten years, give or take. He saved my life. He allowed me to live without excruciating pain for many years. He treated me with Oxycontin and my choice of breakthrough pain meds while attempting new treatments along the way. He was a saviour. I liked him personally and professionally. Then, one day, I recieved a letter that he would no longer prescribe the Oxycontin. I went for my next visit and he said remain taking Dilaudid and switch to 5mg of Methadone TID. The switch was unbearable, and has injured my lifestyle to this day. I have no idea what happened to the loving, caring man I knew for all those years. Aside from his betrayal. He IS the smartest person in the room. And when he speaks you remember it. Just like with me he stated "we are down to the narcotics room...we have tried everything else and I can better your life..it's your choice." Well, he left me and I had no choice. Aside from him ruining my life...he is the best dr I ever have set foot in the presence! Why he did what he did??? But, he is not a bad man. His motives??? Good luck!

May 23rd, 2014
The worst neurologist I've ever been to
I suffered from migraines as a child and they're now debilitating. I've seen every doctor, tried every natural therapy, prescribed every preventative medication, with no success. I was excited to see this doctor since he specialized in migraines. Finally after a year of waiting for my appointment, guess what his exact words were to me? "I think you're a drug seeker." I was so hurt and angry. I drove home in tears, feeling guilty about my condition. Please don't visit this doctor. He could have approached his assumption in a more caring manner.

August 23rd, 2012
Couldn't ask for more
I saw Dr. Rothrock for an evaluation required by a government agency. He was super-accomodating, friendly and treated me like a person and not just a "case". I'd highly recommend him and all his staff to anyone looking for a neurologist. Definitely among the best doctors I have ever seen.

May 4th, 2011
Dr. Rothrock was great during the appointment. But getting the appointment was incredibly difficult, the wait at the appointment was over an hour, and it took over a week to get in touch with him after the appointment.

April 19th, 2011
Amazing
knows more than anybody. enough said.

October 8th, 2010
Great Dr.
I had a migraine for over 1 year and Dr. Rothrock was the ONLY dr. that was able to get my migraines under controll. He is the BEST!!!!!

July 24th, 2009
Thinks WAAAYYY too much of himself
Rothrock knows migraines & has a pleasant "bedside" manner (when FINALLY in to see him - waited 6+ months for an appointment, then 3+ hours at the clinic), but seriously lacks a heart. I've been hospitalized 4x with my migraines, including a 2wk stay at a Michigan clinic. My long-time neurologist left town & in the time I waited for an appt with Rothrock, I saw THREE other board-certified neurologists who all said my headaches were beyond their capabilities -- all three said Rothrock was the only doc who could handle my "challenging" case. Long story short, I finally saw Dr. R and in the space of a little over 18 months, he has dumped me as a patient TWICE, citing patient overload (in a clinic that only runs TWO DAYS A WEEK). The first time he dumped me, I emailed to remind him of my situation & he agreed to keep me as a patient. Two weeks ago, I got the very same letter again - he's dumped me as a patient b/c I'm not in an active clinical trial. I emailed him again, hoping for a clerical oversight, but have not received a reply. To dump a patient he KNOWS no one else in this area can treat is cold & heartless. To top it off, since he's only in clinic two days/wk, Rothrock agreed to contact my PCP to ask that he take over giving me "rescue" injections; I gave him all the info but the sorry SOB never wrote my PCP. Terrible follow-through. I hope you never have to depend on this doctor. The kicker? Didn't even spell my name correctly as he dumped me!!!

September 18th, 2008
Dr. Rothrock UNDERSTANDS Migraines!
I find Dr. Rothrock very forthcoming...does not beat around the bush. I like that. With other doctors, I felt I had to explain my migraines (like I had to have an excuse for them), but not with Dr. Rothrock because he understands them...COMPLETELY...the pain, frustration, disabling effects, etc.! Other doctors do NOT. As far as taking a long time to get an appt., you know why now...he's very much in demand and Dr. Rothrock certainly can't help that he's the best.

May 22nd, 2017