A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Rowell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Rowell, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Rowell graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore.
Dr. Rowell has 7 hospital affiliations:
- St. Francis Hospital Downtown
- Greenville Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rowell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 2 plans
- Absolute Total Care - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John R. Rowell practice?
Dr. John Rowell practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, Anesthesiology, and Sports Medicine near Greenville, SC.
See Greenville Surgeons, Greenville Sports Medicine Doctors, Greenville Anesthesiologists, and Greenville Emergency Physicians.