Dr. John Rusca MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

October 14th, 2015
I had a calf implant due to a birth defect. Dr. Rusca assured me he had worked with similar patients Including his grandson that was born with a clubfoot. To make a long story short he placed and implant that was to big for my leg. I had to get the implant removed and take antibiotics for months. I thought I was going to loose my leg over the infection and the incision would not close. Dr. Rusca did not show any compassion after collecting his $10,000. He didn't even want to see me to take the stitches out after removing the implant. He told my husband we could simply do it at home. I was horrified by the lack of professionalism. He lied and not only took my money but left me with and awful scar.

September 21st, 2013
poor skill and mean
I had 5 opeartions to correct his mistakes. please be careful.

April 12th, 2013
A Truly Gifted Surgeon
"Beautiful", "Looks so natural", "You look 20 years younger" - these are comments I have been getting since allowing Dr. Rusca to perform his magic on me! I had a face lift. I am almost 60 years old. Yesterday a woman thought I was 40. I am still smiling! Thank you Dr. Rusca You are the only plastic surgeon for me!

July 15th, 2011
Beautiful work
I'm a 37yr old female who recently had eye surgery to remove the bags under my eyes. The procedure was explained in a clear and succint manner and Dr. Rusca made sure that I understood everything. I was not rushed through the consultation and all of my questions were answered with the utmost professionalism. The surgery was a dream. I look and feel great! No bruising at all but that was because I followed all post-surgery instructions to the letter. I love my eyes and will definitely go back to Dr. Rusca when I reach "that certain age." And the staff - wonderful and caring. I highly recommend Dr. Rusca!

July 6th, 2011
Pat Thornton, Operating Room Register Nurse
I have assisted and witnessed thousands of surgeries including plastic reconstructive surgeons over 34 years, Dr. Rusca is excellent surgeon and artist. Plastic surgery is an art and science. His technique is unique and with exceptional outcomes. I admire his dedication for perfection, straight forward communication and patient safety that I have had several reconstructive surgeries by him and his surgical team. I underwent a full face lift and all I wanted was to "look rested", "peaceful" and "happy" and to have lips like Angelina Jolie. Dr. Rusca highly encouraged me and would not do that to my lips because of my facial structure so I listened to him. Many of my friends could not tell that I had surgery but that I looked like "weight had been lifted off my shoulders". In the future, I will once again use Dr. Rusca. He is committed to providing the ultimate safety experience with positive outcomes. He believes that well-informed patients will participate in improving their overall health, not just "plastic" surgery. Safety is his number one priority! As I have read regarding "bed side manner", my opinion is that you do not become the best by letting the patients dictate their care. The surgeon is the professional and sometimes they have to be stern and direct for patients to listen and the patients get their "feelings" hurt, get over it. You want the best! Dr. Rusca is the best!

July 4th, 2011
Recom
Dr. Rusca and his staff were most professional and caring--I feel right at home there, very welcomed and listened to. Staff is excellent and goes to any length to help, whether that is appointment, information, or products. Dr. Rusca gives me all the time I need. and I am pleased with the results of surgery and botox injections I have gotten there. I really vote with my feet and I continue to go to Dr. Rusca for my cosmetic procedures--I appreciate his experience, value his opinion and am grateful for his skill.

June 21st, 2011
Dr. Brenda Roberts, R.N., D.S.N.
An "artist" in plastic surgery! Doesn't perform surgery he doesn't believe a patient should have. For example, I asked him to enlarge my lips, but he refused saying my lips were fine for my face and would not look attractive larger.His professiionalism is unprecedented, and that of his office staff is as well. He did my face lift which is extremely natural; not pulled. I still look like me! I was more than happy with the end restuls.

June 13th, 2011
A true artist. A friend had Dr. Rusca do a face lift and it was the most natural looking you can imagine. I then had mine done (face, nose, eyes) and recommended him to three others all of whom got outstanding results and are incredibly pleased with the results.And the office staff was as helpful and friendly as you would desire. Dr Rusca personally contacted me on multiple occasions after the surgery to see how I was doing. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Even many years later, I still get comments on my youthful appearance and most think I am 10+ years younger than I am.

March 31st, 2011
Bad all the way around
Bad experience with Dr. Rusca injecting Juvederm. Overinjected lips in general and then I also ended up with a huge lump. Have had to go to another su ...

March 31st, 2011
Bad results with fillers. Wouldn't send my dog to this guy. Doesn't care about his patients at all.

February 18th, 2011
Horrible experience
Dr. Rusca overinjected my lips with juvederm, left a large, hard bump on the left side, blamed me for the problem, and then LIED to me about what we could do to fix it. I asked for hyaluronidase - by name - to dissolve the product and he told me there was no such thing. Instead, he injected a steroid twice which did not dissolve the product and damaged my natural tissue. I have had to spend $300 with another surgeon to repair the damage - who was appalled at the care I had received - and my lips still won't be back to normal for at least a couple months, maybe more. Not to mention I'm out the cost of the original injections. I'm filing a complaint with the GA Composite Medical Board. This old grouch really needs to retire.

December 23rd, 2009
Excellent all around
I went to Dr. Rusca to have work done on my nose and neck. After the consultation, we came to the conclusion that what I wanted done to my nose would not give the desired result I wanted. Instead we focused on my neck. I had surgery on my next to restructure the muscle and remove and fat. The results were fantastic. If you want a doctor who will give you an honest diagnosis and not try to talk you into unnecessary surgeries, this is the doctor for you.