A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Brown:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Brown, Emergency Physician, Family Practitioner, General Practitioner is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Brown
Gout Patient Education Read our patient education guide for Gout, uric acid crystal deposits and causes of this type of arthritis.Before Visiting Dr. Brown Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Brown, MD, MS is board certified in Emergency Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Brown graduated from Indiana University , Indianapolis. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Brown has 4 hospital affiliations:
- St Anthony Medical Center
- St Mary's Medical Center - Hobart
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Stewart Brown MD and MS is a male Emergency Medicine Specialist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Emergency Medicine and General Practice.
- Where does Dr. John S. Brown practice?
- Dr. John Brown has 1 office location.
Dr. John Brown practices Emergency Medicine and General Practice near Merrillville, IN.
See Merrillville Emergency Physicians and Merrillville Primary Care Doctors.