inactive

John S Gould MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

May 21st, 2013
Copeworks
I wish I had known to look for review ratings 10 years ago, Dr. Gould was doctor referred; now I read to see if patients would refer doctors. I let this doctor operate on my foot four times trying to fix the mess he and his associate at the time made (call me stupid!). Each time was going to be the charm. Last surgery I ended up with a toe a half inch shorter than it was and only three working toes that now are deformed from handling all the work. He did not tell me he was going to shorten the toe. I saw it when I woke up and told him it looked like a sausage. Another of his associates checking it later said at least I had no pain! Needless to say I get many inquiring stares, and no one dares to ask. Vitals, thank you for giving me a place to publicly decry my opinion of Doctor Gould's disservice to his profession and trusting and unknowing patients. Can you take a star away from his rating?

April 24th, 2012
Former Patient
Dr. Gould needs to go on and retire. It would be the best thing for medicine as well as for the protection of the general public. Extremely poor record keeping and incompetance run rampant. His confidence is not supported by his results.

November 18th, 2011
Great experience
Dr. Gould performed a plantar fascia/tarsal tunnel release on my left foot and ankle in 2003. The results have been great (and every doctor who has ever seen my scar comments on what a great job Dr. Gould did with an that typically scars badly.) Gould's manner is brisk and to the point. He isn't a touchy-feely type. Big deal. He knows his stuff. Highly recommend.

July 7th, 2011
I have a chronic health condition which has required multiple ankle surgeries including a bilateral ankle fusion. When my initial surgeon retired, I was referred to Dr. Gould. It was perhaps the worst experience of my life. After a horribly botched surgery in which I spent over a year on crutches and lack of healing, his advice was an amputation. I was 28 years old at the time. Obviously, I got a second opinion and had a revision surgery by a physician at UAB in which I was almost completely healed and pain free within 3 months. Also, while hospitalized after the surgery with Gould, I was bleeding excessively and bled through several casts and after 5 days in the hospital, he never visited me one time although I requested to see him numerous times. He is a sad excuse for a physician and I would NEVER recommend him to anyone else.

March 12th, 2010
Gods Blessing
Im a 27 year old that just seen Dr.Gould. I had a horrible ankle fracture in 1993. That caused arthritis and i needed to have yet another surgery last year. A surgery that left me in WAY MORE pain than before. I pleaded with my bone and joint dr to please listen im dying with pain!! After a year a doctor sent me Dr. Gould. Not trusting any doctors at this point i was hesitant about seeing him. Was this yet another doctor telling me theres nothing wrong?? To my very surprize he was Gods Blessing. He listened to everything i told him and actually cared that i was having this much trouble. Finally a doctor to HELP me! Every doctor i have ever seen in my 27 years could learn something from him.( compassion)I learned that i have complex regional pain syndrome.I wish that i only could have met him a year ago.Anybody needing help like me needs to met Dr. Gould and his residents who are also very understanding with the best bedside manner.