A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Nystrom:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Nystrom, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Lung Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Nystrom graduated from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.
Dr. Nystrom has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Caritas Holy Family Hospital & Medical Center
- Tufts Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nystrom accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 2 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John S. Nystrom practice?
Dr. John Nystrom practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Methuen, MA and Grosse Pointe Woods, MI.
See Boston Internists, Boston Hematologists, and Boston Oncologists.