A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John O'Brien is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Brien
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. O'Brien Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. John O'Brien, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. O'Brien has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Thomas Jefferson University Ho, Philadelphia, Pa
- Pennsylvania Hosp, Philadelphia, Pa
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Sebastian O'Brien MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. John S. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. John O'Brien has 1 office location.
Dr. John O'Brien practices Psychiatry near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Psychiatrists.