Dr. John Saad MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 15th, 2017
Excellent Doctor
My experience has been very different. Dr. Saad would not be the Division Chief of Head and Neck Surgery and Otologie at Scripps, if any of those extremely negative reviews were justified. Dr. Saad is a friendly, calm, competent, and highly experienced surgeon. In all my meetings with D. Saad (pre-op, surgery of deviated septum, post-op), I was impressed. He gave easy to understand, common sense instructions, and everything went as planned. Dr. Saad has my full trust and I highly recommend him.

December 2nd, 2016
over charges, fraudulant billing
He billed me for things he did not do. He kept me waiting when I was scheduled to be the first patient of the day. He did not help me with my problem. He is a crook!

November 3rd, 2016
Abusive. Should be in jail
This man should not be allowed to practice medicine. He hurt me and I have suffered permanent disfigurement. I have filled a complaint with the California Mefical board. If this man hurt you please call or write them. He should not be allowed to hurt others

May 15th, 2016
This man should not be allowed to practice on living beings. Like others, I saw him for a small and benign issue. He described it both pre and post surgery as a small pimple in my tongue. Yet he managed to sever the main muscle in my tongue. Yes he deformed my tongue severely. He would not explain his error and instead gave me painful cortisone shots in the area, perhaps hoping they'd perform a miracle. Also I now understand this is medically dangerous to give so many cortisone shots in a matter of months. And he also tried to make me feel I was being petty for asking what had happened. He shames patients. Perhaps only those susceptible to that. Shame on Scrpps for keeping this man on staff. Perhaps he bullied them as he did me. His halitosis should have been a tip off for me to get out of his office fast. I have to live with this every moment of my waking life. Run, don't walk from him.

November 18th, 2015
Aggressive and very rude.
I went to Dr. Saad for a bump I had developed on my jaw bone after getting my wisdom teeth pulled that I was very concerned about. I explained my situation and he didn't even seem as though he was listening to me. When I was done explaining my issue I was there for, he said to me, "you sound like you have the voice box of a 70yr old woman." (I am 25). This was an early AM appointment, my voice is a little scratchy (I guess?) in the AM. Without even telling me what he was about to do or explaining anything, he tips my head back and proceeds to put a long wire down my nose...I flinched and even almost tried to grab his hand because I wasn't expecting this "procedure" and it hurt so so bad! he then said, "Do NoT touch me!" very aggressively. The wire finally reached my throat and he was examining my voice box? I still don't even know what he was doing! Tears started welling down my face. I have never felt so assaulted in my life. He still never addressed my lump on my jaw. When I got into the elevator to leave, I was so upset that a nice EMT gently asked me if I was okay. I told him I was okay, but I was not. I filed a complaint against this "Dr," with the hospital and I still never heard anything back. I also have a friend that came to this doctor to get a tube put in her ear and she said he put a chemical in her ear without warning her, that was the most pain she has ever felt in her life. I do not recommend this doctor under any circumstances whatsoever.

December 30th, 2013
Lacking in professionalism
I recently saw Dr. Saad for a chronic ear infection which was beginning to affect my hearing. After asking me questions about symptoms and continuing to interrupt my answers, he stuck a suctioning device in the ear with an infection. Of course it hurt so I flinched and said stop. He responded by chastising me for moving at the pain and said he could have ruptured my ear drum....uhhhh what. After this incident he simply gave me ear drops and wouldn't discuss the extensive scarring in my ear. He also spent the next ten minutes telling me in a reprimanding tone that one day I will have arthritis in my jaw because I only wore a retainer after braces for three years. This may be true but it was not a primary concern at all. A horrible visit, and I will not go back.

November 19th, 2013
Avoid this quack

October 26th, 2012
I saw this physician for a routine ear problem (wax). He spent less than 5 minutes with me and charged me an arm and a leg. He did not seem concerned about my ear and kept persevering that I had a deviated septum and needed that repaired immediately. When I kept insisting I was only concerned with my ear, he reported he had a PA for that. He made me feel like my concerns were not important. I have never meet such a rude and rough doctor. I will never go back to see him again.

January 24th, 2012
I've been going to Dr. Saad for over 11 years. He's very knowledgeable and does procedures & surgery only if necessary. Takes his times with me and always asks if I have questions or concerns. He's always on time and appointments are easy to get. He's the #1 ENT Doctor in my opinion!!!

February 9th, 2011
The best doctor for the job!!!
Dr. Saad is a wonderful Dr!!! He prepared me for surgery in a fashion that would enable me to heal fast and have the lowest impact on me pain wise. I high recommend him to anyone who needs to hsve their tonsils removed.

November 4th, 2010
Worst bedside manner ever!
Two words describe Dr. Saad, rude and abrasive. I have never encountered a doctor with such disrespect for another persons time. He took phone calls during my visit, and spent less than 5 minutes with me only to tell me there is nothing that he sees wrong. Trust me there are better and more professional doctors in the area. I don't know how he has been able to be in practice for 27 some odd years.

April 29th, 2017