Dr. John Salter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Salter?

January 25th, 2016

Good place to go too.

waiting for the solution already discuss a shot needed

July 6th, 2013

Angels

I have met only a few angels in my lifetime! I have to say I can add another to my list! A kind caring man called John salter! Thank you for everything you are going to do for me and my husband! A+++++++

September 28th, 2012

EXCEPTIONAL Oncologist! The best!

And I know, because I received my ovarian cancer dx from another oncologist who should have been kicked hard for being a careless, unfeeling boob.Dr. Salter is the polar opposite. He is detail oriented, friendly, well schooled but accessible, listens, is able to evaluate how much information a patient can absorb and not become hopeless. He also educates his patients and stands by you through the good and bad.Exceptional bedside manner and a good heart in a difficult branch of Medicine.I am thankful, no matter where my ovca journey goes, to have this Doctor by my side with wisdom, compassion and wit.Should all patients be so lucky....

September 12th, 2012

Doctor For All The Right Reasons

I was referred to Dr. Salter by my GP who was honest enough to admit that my condition was beyond his training to diagnose and treat appropriately. Dr. Salter reviewed my case, planned a course of action that gave me an excellent outcome while calming all of the fear and anxiety that accompany a serious illness. Dr. Salter sweats the details so that his patients don't have to and is frank enough not to sugar coat the potential risks. I recommend Dr. Salter to everyone that can benefit from his expertise and reassuring manner.

February 16th, 2012

Best oncologist in Indiana

I had given up living when I was referred to Dr. Salter. I had been to another Oncologist in Peru,In and he wans't the doctor for me, so when referred to Dr. Salter I started getting better and my infusions were making me better and the staff he has is wonderful..TEN STARS FOR MY LIFE...

January 2nd, 2012

EXCELLENT DOC !

Being diagnosed with cancer was a terrifying experience. I saw Dr. Salter on the recommendation of my family doctor (at first I wanted to go Indiana University). I couldn't have been more pleased ! Such a smart and capable doctor was right in my own hometown (and he trained at IU too). Wonderful man, and great doctor !

Doctor's Response

I appreciate your comments ! I love and respect my mentors and colleagues at Indiana University (I did train there, as you point out) and I am grateful that I can provide the residents of Kokomo with "IU-style" care, close to home (and with more of a personal touch). Thanks so much.

August 10th, 2011

Intelligent, Thoughtful, Caring

Dr. Salter is one of the few physicians these days who studied medicine for the right reasons. He gives as much time required for each patient, and devotes as much time as it takes to make the patient aware of their diagnosis and treatment plan. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Salter to friends and family.

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for the kind words ! It is truly a privilege for me to continue to provide care for patients such as yourself, and I truly get back so much in return from every one of you ! You are the reason I studied so hard, the reason I go to work everyday, and the reason I know that what I do really matters. God bless !

January 5th, 2011

Oops!

Misdiagnosed. Treated low Hemo count as a immune disorder, treated me with 5 months with high dose predisone. Refused to do ultrasound scan when requested to check for liver or spleen damage due to illness or treatment..."not clinicly indicated" were his exact words. Discharged me to my GP.My GP performed the requested scan the next day and found the real problem .."cancer right kidney"...Oops!Discharged from treatment by Hemotologist from Oncology Center as cured and within 24 hrs find you were mis-diagnosed, mis-treated and they missed a kidney cancer to boot!Dr. Salter's a nice enough guy but I'm not going back....

Doctor's Response

I recall this patient and I must disagree with his comments. He was accurately diagnosed with warm-antibody autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA), and fortunately achieved a complete remission with my appropriate treatment. He was diagnosed with renal cell cancer by his GP shortly after discharge and was referred to urology. There is no established connection between the two diseases (renal cell cancer and AIHA), and therefore there was no indication to ultrasound his "liver and spleen" as requested. He is fortunate to have identified his kidney cancer at such an early stage, and I commend his GP in making this diagnosis. He is welcome back at our center any time in the future should the need arise.

May 20th, 2016