Dr. John Sand MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

no change

December 16th, 2015
Absolutely horrible
My visit was similar to what other reviewers experienced. The doctor made me feel uncomfortable and seemed uninterested. Towards the end of the visit, he basically told me there was nothing wrong with me...I know myself better than a doctor I've spent an hour with. I left feeling like I was crazy. Never see this doctor.

November 18th, 2015
Would not recommend
I feel the same as the other reviews. I felt like he treated me as a child. He wouldn't let me explain how I was feeling. He kept interrupting me and calling me mam and telling me please let me explain. He did put me on meds which have helped s little. They make me feel extremely tired. I'm hoping that the follow up is better.

June 3rd, 2015
He listens!!!! And helps!
Dr Sand is a great neurologist. He is smart and is truly interested in fixing the problem. He asks many questions to get to the heart of the matter. He has a wonderful dry sense of humor-it is not arrogance. I felt he truly listened and wanted (and did) help. He returns calls himself the same day-and answers questions. He acted like I was intelligent and was interested in what I had to say. So refreshing from a physician.

March 14th, 2015
I do not recommend
A very Arrogant Doctor. His compassion felt fake.

February 24th, 2015
Relaxed approach, yet answered all questions very direct and honestly.

June 27th, 2013
Dr is a QUACK.....NO STARS
Dr Sand is the rudest doctor ever. He would treat you like a child, he would call you out and make you feel like your a fake. He would ask you a question but would not let you answer. He was very arrogant, thought he was some type of healing GOD. He took me off all Meds my current doctor gave me and put me on med he thought would help. Gave me one that I had a bad reaction from and told me to continue to take it for the week till he saw me again. When I questioned him on what this medicine was for he would get angry and tell me it was for my good. He would not give you an answer. He would never let you answer your questions he asked, he would become angry if you did not answer the way he wanted you to. He put me on a new drug, told me nothing about it, kept saying he wanted to be my only doctor. I would question him on it and he called me later that night and said he no longer would be treating me. I would not take his new drug, it clearly stated that you had to see the doctor again with this medication. I would recommend seeing a Vet before you see this quack.

June 20th, 2012
Doctor with God like complex
Seems to me this doctor is full of himself, very arrogant! He asks questions but interrupts you and doesn't allow you to fully answer yet alone elaborate.My visit was nothing more than questions I wasn't given a chance to answer. He became angry if I asked him to repeat a question or if I couldn't give a clear positive answer! I have memory issues, short term memory. He asked questions mostly related to my past which I don't struggle with often. Not much pertaining to resent memory, except he have me some words to remember. I know I couldn't remember them all, now I can't remember any of them, but I do remember feeling like a child in trouble because I was unable to recall at the time. He treated me as if I was beneath him, same goes for his office staff who seemed to be agitated that I was taking longer than they thought I needed to filling out my paper work and family history... Of which they took from me and never allowed me to complete! Just because someone has severe memory loss doesn't mean we remember nothing... I remember maybe 90% of my childhood & young adult years. I have short term memory loss which is current. And based on what I know I can not remember and those that are close to me have witnessed, I have prob 50% or less short term memory, (mostly but not always) depending on how indebth, traumatic something is on how well I retain it.Dr.Sands was rude, not compassionate, in a hurry and seemed aggravated by me. I would not recommend him if you are looking for an answer to your medical issues.