Internist, Pediatrician
Video profile

Mar 31st, 2015

I liked him. Smart man.

Great internist show details Great internist
May 22nd, 2014

Great beside manner, explains procedures well and answers all questions until satisfied with treatment. Very accessible through email which is helpful at times. Cares about treatment and follow up.

by Geoffrey Miller on Feb 19th, 2014

Dr. Scala is very direct when diagnosing and gives detailed descriptions about how I can solve a particular medical problem. He is always prompt and thorough, and has an excellent attitude about everything. I would recommend him to a friend, and I am happy to have him as my primary care physician.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the positive review.

by John on Feb 18th, 2014

Always runs on time which I appreciate.

Doctor's Response

We value your time as a patient and always strive to remain on time without compromising service.

Feb 11th, 2014

I like Dr. Scala's bedside manner. He gets to the problem at hand but he does it in a caring and thoughtful way. I feel very comfortable and well taken care of with him.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the kind words!

Excellent Staff and Service show details Excellent Staff and Service
Feb 6th, 2014

I needed a physical done over my lunch hour. The staff at Lone Tree Internal Medicine and Pediatrics was very helpful, courteous and fast. Thank you very much for a great appointment!

Doctor's Response

Happy that we were able to accommodate and thanks for the positive feedback.

Feb 4th, 2014

The office was very accommodating when I called about my sore throat. They worked me in that morning and I was on medication that afternoon. Thank you for being there for me and getting me in quickly.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the great feedback.

Excellent show details Excellent
Jan 23rd, 2014

This practice is so good that I look forward to going to the doctor! Give them a try.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the excellent endorsement!

Patient show details Patient
by Rubye F. Garfield on Jan 23rd, 2014

I like Dr. Scala very much, He took time to explain my condition to me so I understood everything he was telling me, I certainly would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a very kind and caring doctor.

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your positive review!

Dr. John Scala is a wonderful doctor show details Dr. John Scala is a wonderful doctor
by Shera M on Jan 17th, 2014

Dr. Scala has been a great doctor to our family! Dr. Scala always takes the time to listening and thoroughly answer all our questions, he never makes us feel rushed and is very 'present' at our appointments. Dr. Scala has been my daughters pediatrician since she was born and she is very comfortable with him and my husband and I feel very comfortable as well. Dr. Scala is very knowledgeable and I would highly recommend him!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the kind words!

Love Lonetree Internal Medicine show details Love Lonetree Internal Medicine
Jan 15th, 2014

I just wanted to say how happy I am with Dr Scala after Dr Chang left I was worried I wouldnt find a good doctor until I met Dr Scala hes great I will never leave this practice. The staff is so sweet every time I come in. Very proffessional.

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for the positive comments!

Highly Recommendable show details Highly Recommendable
Jun 19th, 2013

Dr. Scala has been my child's provider for almost two years now. He's very sharp, clearly struck me as very smart, and that's why, I think, his approach is more direct than some people might want to from their doctors, and that's why some people might say his bedside manner is bad, like one of the previous reviewers. But for us, it's great. He is attentive and caring without too much sugarcoating. He always comes with correct diagnosis, so far. He makes time to do follow-ups and even tries to make a more personal approach at times to get to know the family of his patient better. He's highly recommendable.

Always listens and truly cares about his patients show details Always listens and truly cares about his patients
May 23rd, 2013

Dr. Scala has been my 2 children's pediatrician for years. He is the most caring and genuine doctor I have dealt with since they have been born. He listens, provides accurate diagnosis, and follows up to ensurethey are improving. My children love him and he is wonderful to both them and to me. Both children have a form of asthma, and he has successfully helped manage it with minimal use of medications. I highly recommend Dr. Scala.

Aug 2nd, 2012

Dr. Scala was my son's doctor when he was still in Coal City, Illinois. My son was born with tetrology of fallot after birth, and Dr. Scala was great with seeing him every few weeks as needed prior to his surgery, and even there after! But what sticks out the most to me is, the day before my son's ( who is 3 months) open heart surgery, Dr. Scala called to wish my son good luck :) I miss him greatly as a doctor and hope he is doing well