A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Scandling:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Scandling, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- Kidney Failure (Chronic)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Pancreas Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Scandling graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Scandling has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Scandling accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans