A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Schaer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Schaer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schaer
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Schaer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Schaer, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Schaer graduated from Oregon Health & Science University, Portland. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Schaer has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Tuality Healthcare
- Tuality Community Hospital
- Tuality Forest Grove Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John A Schaer MD is a male Internist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John A. Schaer practice?
- Dr. John Schaer has 1 office location.
Dr. John Schaer practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Hillsboro, OR.
See Hillsboro Internists and Hillsboro Gastroenterologists.