A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Schaer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Schaer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schaer
Eating Disorders Patient Education Read all about treatments and doctors to see for various eating disorders by reading our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Schaer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Schaer, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Schaer graduated from Oregon Health & Science University, Portland. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Schaer has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Tuality Healthcare
- Tuality Community Hospital
- Tuality Forest Grove Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John A Schaer MD is a male Internist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John A. Schaer practice?
- Dr. John Schaer has 1 office location.
Dr. John Schaer practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Hillsboro, OR.
See Hillsboro Internists and Hillsboro Gastroenterologists.