A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Schafer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Schafer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Schafer, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Neurology.
Education & Awards
Dr. Schafer graduated from University of Chicago. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Schafer has 11 hospital affiliations:
- St. Mary's Medical Center San Francisco
- Mercy San Juan Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Arthur Schafer MD is a male Internist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Neurology.
- Where does Dr. John A. Schafer practice?
- Dr. John Schafer has 3 office locations.
Dr. John Schafer practices Internal Medicine and Neurology near Carmichael, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Francisco, CA and Sacramento, CA.
See Carmichael Internists and Carmichael Neurologists.