A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Schaffer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Schaffer, Orthopaedic Surgeon is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Schaffer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Schaffer graduated from Saint Louis University. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Schaffer has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
- Bon Secours Depaul Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John J Schaffer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 29 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John J. Schaffer practice?
- Dr. John Schaffer has 5 office locations.
Dr. John Schaffer practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Norfolk, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Virginia Beach, VA.
See Norfolk Surgeons.