A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Schier:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Schier, Thoracic Surgeon, Surgeon, Physiatrist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schier
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schier Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Schier, FACS, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Schier graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Schier has 9 hospital affiliations:
- St. Vincent Carmel Hospital
- St.Vincent Heart Center Of Indiana,Llc
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Joseph Schier FACS and MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 34 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John J. Schier practice?
- Dr. John Schier has 1 office location.
Dr. John Schier practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Indianapolis, IN.
See Indianapolis Surgeons.