A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Schmedtje, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
He has special expertise in 1 Area, including Adult spinal and cranial surgery.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Schmedtje graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago.More Education & Awards
Dr. Schmedtje has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Carilion New River Valley Medical Center
- Pulaski Community Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schmedtje accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 21 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. John Schmedtje:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John F. Schmedtje practice?
Dr. John Schmedtje practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, MRI, and Nuclear Cardiology near Roanoke, VA.
See Roanoke Internists and Roanoke Cardiologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Van Schmedtje, Dr. Deshawn Schmedtje, Dr. Jan Schmedtje, Dr. Hank Schmedtje, Dr. Shayne Schmedtje, Dr. Shane Schmedtje, Dr. Jackie Schmedtje, Dr. Giovanni Schmedtje