A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Schmedtje:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schmedtje
Smoking Cessation Patient Education Smoking cessation patient education guide to help you quit smoking and avoid cancer and other health related problems.Before Visiting Dr. Schmedtje Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Schmedtje graduated from Harvard University , Boston.
Dr. Schmedtje has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Carilion New River Valley Medical Center
- Pulaski Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John F Schmedtje MD is a male Internist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Cardiology and Nuclear Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. John F. Schmedtje practice?
- Dr. John Schmedtje has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Schmedtje practices Cardiology and Nuclear Cardiology near Roanoke, VA.
See Roanoke Cardiologists.