Dr. John Schnorr MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 24th, 2016
Dr. Tabasco
Dr. Schnorr was amazing from the first moment we visited with him. He reassured us that our infertility was treatable and that we would get pregnant. In his words it just was going to take a "little homework" to figure out the cause and the best treatment. He was right. 3 months later are pregnant! He was always upbeat and positive wearing his Tabasco ties. He's awesome!

July 30th, 2016
We are Thrilled
Dr. Schnorr and Monique were professional but yet personable. Seriously- they have a gift! Coastal has truly been a blessing for us! I couldn't recommend a better facility and group of people. I hate that we can't just keep coming to them for the whole pregnancy! We are so thrilled for this journey to parenthood.

April 8th, 2016
Noticed that Dr.Schnorr is covering bad reviews with his fake good ones very well. I advise him to spend this time on correct protocols and there would be no need to cover bad reviews. My Dr. was Dr. Cook, but I noticed she didn't take any decision without consulting with Dr.Schnorr who is the main person in the facility. They are a bunch of racketeers who care only about money.That's what I can say about my experience with this clinic. Had IUI treatment there, have 100% coverage by AETNA, clinic signed the contract with AETNA. Prescribed tremendous dosage of Gonal with my terribly high AMG. I was feeling it was high and told the nurse about it. She said that THEY ARE HAVING IT UNDER CONTROL. The result: 15-20 follicles after 2nd day with the target number 1-2. I myself read tons of special medical literature and decided to cancel stimulation. The result at the last ultrasound: 1 good 19 mm follicle. At the day of IUI the granny at the reception who looked and behaved like a witch refused to let me in until I pay $600 for IUI. I said I have 100% coverage with $20 copay, but she didn't want to hear. Finally paid $200, never got the promised invoice. When I had my tubes x-ray before they also did't want to give me the invoice, but I insisted That was just the beginning. Every other week we started getting tremendous bills, every new bill was bigger than the previous one, their financial manager Sherry Rose racketeered me on the phone regularly as well. Finally after talking to the insurance company we collected all the bills and drove from Myrtle Beach to Mt. Pleasant. First I asked for the invoice for IUI which I never got, finally I got it, they couldn't decide what procedure to mark, as IUI is 100% covered and marked MANAGEMENT OF OVULATION)))) which was totally mismanaged. Then we asked what all those bills mean. They said that it was terrible mistake and their manager is already fired and with the lightning speed gave us new bill with only $20 copays. )))) And one MAIN THING - they don't tell you about IUI, IVF side effects, which are tremendous. Actually the cost of the baby is your health and even life. Had side effects (joint problems in a week after stimulation). I know two women who got tremendous joint problems and got nearly disabled after that.

February 20th, 2016
Amazing
Dr. Schnorr and Monique were amazing every step of the way. I started seeing Dr. Schnorr when I was 36 and had been trying for 3 years. I now have two children from them and could not be more grateful. They were always there for me no matter what was happening. In the beginning of my most 2nd pregnancy I had some bleeding that really scared me. They saw me every two days to reassure me. Made me feel so much better. They are incredible and I could not be more grateful for the family they created.

December 19th, 2015
Amazing Fertility Group
My husband has a blockage in his testicles he was born with. We went hopless and dejected to see Dr. Schnorr. He was upbeat and positive and explained the diagnosis With testing sperm was present. We are not pregnant and 12 weeks along. Dr. Schnorr and his team are truly amazing. Kind, caring and friends. We actually miss them.

October 30th, 2015
Beware of doctors seeking profit!!!
The doctor is running a business first and foremost, so if you as a patient conflict with their ability to generate maximum profits, you'll find yourself in a tough spot. Dr. Schorr's office (Coastal Fertility Specialists) was providing critical IVF monitoring to us during our IVF cycle, but left us without any medical care mid-cycle. Though they advertise Saturday hours to support such monitoring (because IVF isn't a M-F affair after all), they had no problem cancelling our appointment on the Friday prior, attempting instead to force us to drive to one of their other offices 2.5 hours away. When we protested, it was revealed by staff that Dr. Schnorr ordered our local office closed because there weren't enough patients scheduled for that day (ie- it didn't make financial sense for the office to be open that day). Beware of what you're signing up for with Dr. Schnorr and Coastal Fertility Specialists. They want your money...nothing more. We're now patients of Advanced Fertility in Columbia, partly because they did open their office to see us on that now infamous Saturday, and they opened it despite the fact that we aren't even established patients with them, and they did so without regard to profit.

October 17th, 2015
Found the right place
Such an upbeat positive person to have on your side. We have been to another specialist before we came to Coastal. We had heard the other name for years and how good it was but when we ended up there we very upset. We figured out that Dr. Schnorr and Dr. Slowey had split from the other practice and they were obviously the success behind it. They started their own practice, Coastal Fertility, in 2012. So thankful to have found Coastal and Dr. Schnorr.

October 15th, 2015
Found the right place!

September 19th, 2015
The best
Kind, compassionate and always knew me and my journey. I could not recommend anyone more.

August 22nd, 2015
Very happy
Dr. Schnoor and Andrea are amazing. They recently helped me get pregnant with IUI. They were always so kind. They knew my medical details better than even I did. They are like family. I could not be more grateful and am sad to be leaving them for my OB and that says a lot!

August 1st, 2015
Knows his stuff
We went to Dr. Schnorr for IVF after having two failed cycles at another Charleston center. We knew we had low egg number but Dr. Schnorr gave us hope. He used a testosterone hormone to help increase my egg production. We also genetically tested the embryos. I am now 14 weeks pregnant and have one embryo frozen. I'm ecstatic and amazed. Dr. Schnorr is brilliant, kind and funny.

July 4th, 2015
Wish I went to him first
After being treated poorly by another doctor and her staff I found the care I was looking for with Dr. Schnorr. He is caring, professional and knows his stuff. He removed a cyst I had on my ovary and started me on medications. I conceived in my 2nd IUI cycle. I wish I went to him first!