Dr. John Sealy Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. John Sealy?

Prescribes unnecessary medications

Posted on June 28th, 2015

Posted on January 9th, 2015

I feel the same way. My child has been a patient with Dr. Sealy for over 15 years. She made remarkable progress in his care. He always addressed medication issues and worked on it until we found one that worked. There are other members in our family that also see him and have had very positive experiences. I find him to be extremely professional, prompt, caring, and genuinely concerned. This has been my experience with Dr. Sealy.

Professional and caring

Posted on December 4th, 2014

I have never written an online review of a physician before. While googling Dr. Sealy's address to complete a form I found this site and and noticed the negative reviews. I thought I should express my opinion here because my experience has been different. I do respect the other opinions that have been expressed here, and I can only speak for myself. But, in all of my interactions with Dr. Sealy he has always been professional, courteous, caring, and responsible. I get a strong sense that he cares about me and my treatment. He always asks how I am doing and takes the time to listen and respond to all of my concerns. The drug that he prescribed to me has made a very positive change in my life. As does any professional, he does expect to be paid. But, unlike some other medical treatment experiences I've had, I have never gotten the sense that money is all that matters to him. I have been seeing Dr. Sealy every few months for almost two years and, thus far I have been very satisfied.

Posted on April 21st, 2014

Physician prefers to prescribe medications, before having patients see therapist for second opinion to confirm disorder. I saw physician for over a year and became dependent on prescribed Ativan and had serious negative reaction to prescribed SSRI. Physician didn't not realize SSRI was making my condition worse and got upset when I sought a second opinion or questioned his treatment suggestions. Very expensive and regularly runs late when starting appointments. If you do see him, please seek a second opinion if you don't see positive results after a few months. Really wish I did. I had to complete an uncomfortable intensive inpatient detox program to come off of Ativan.

very unprofessional

Posted on January 6th, 2014

came to him with my child 6 years ago, at the beginning because i have excellent insurance he helped my child. but over the years he became a bit to confident to the point where i felt like i was bothering him with my childs problems. i dreaded needing a refill or god forbid she had a new symptom or problem. after 6 years IM DONE! he isnt that great all his 44 years he has behind his belt. with a attitude like that you get reviews like this! please please dont bring ur kids here.

Very expensive and condition worsened

Posted on July 2nd, 2013

I saw Dr. Sealy for over 2 years. He never took the time to proper diagnose me. During that time my condition worsened, but he never referred me for a second option. I became dependent on medications and wasn't able to return to work. I spend over $15,000 with him. I am currently in the process of being properly diagnosed and being taken slowly off the incorrect medications Dr. Sealy prescribed. My current physicians has very heard of a doctor costing $15,000 and the patient getting worse. He seemed more concerned about his time and fees, while only wanting to see me in the office where a fee was required. He got upset when I asked that our appointments start on time. I recommend reaching out to UCLA for proper physicians for your conditions, they have been wonderful and he wasn't on their listing.

Morally Bankrupt

Posted on February 11th, 2013

I found this MD to be infantile, dishonest, gossipy, and unconcerned. He gossips about his patients with the other MDs in his office and the building. He would play this game with me by locking the front door to his office and make me call him on his phone to get the door opened. Very childish. Hard to believe this guy is 70 years old. Very UNPROFESSIONAL. He seems to have more personal and emotional problems than his patients. Apparently he is a recovering sex addict. I never did trust this guy. He was always bothering me about money and reimbursement fro the insurance company. I would not recommend him to those with serious problems requiring extended medical attention.

Posted on July 29th, 2012

Excellent dr responds quickly

A phony and a fake

Posted on January 19th, 2012

This guy pretends that he cares about you, but if he is not getting paid, he pretty much couldn't care less about you. He will NEVER admit when he is wrong or has made a big mistake. His ego is far more important than being a human being who can act like an adult and take responsibility for his actions when he has done something wrong. He will always make excuses and blame the other person. He will never do anything selfless and altruism is non-existant for him. If you make the mistake of trusting him, and then his suggestion does not work out or makes things worse, he will never accept responsibility and apologize. Basically he can convince you to try a program, telling you to give it a try, and be under the care of the program doctor. But if someone in that care facility is abusing you, and you turn to Dr. Sealy for help, since he convinced you to give that program a try, he will say "It's not my problem. Technically you are not my patient. If you're in trouble, that is unfortunate, but it is not my problem." He ONLY cares about you if you are paying him. Suffice to say, I imagine if he was in a parking lot talking to someone, and all of a sudden, a woman walking to her car started to have a seizure, and shake and roll all over the pavement uncontrollably...and the person he was talking to in the parking lot saw this, and alerted him "Dr Sealy! Look! That woman is having a seizure! You're a doctor, go help her!", it is my guess he would give the same response "That woman is not my patient. It's not my problem." This guy is sick.

Posted on September 21st, 2017